11-11-11 cruises.....???

Cruisers from WA

Will all the cruises that are sailing or at sea on 11-11-11 be FULL of newlyweds/wedding aboard the ship? (worrying about demographics will be a little different that most 2 week cruises)

I had a friend marry on 7-7-07 and they wanted to marry on board a ship and everything was booked far far in advance of that date...ended marrying on land....

Well, does anyone consider 11 to be some sort of lucky number? Some cultures think of 7 as lucky, so getting married on 7-7-07 would be considered a auspicious date. In Chinese culture, 8 is considered lucky because it sounds similar to "wealth" or "prosper", so 8-8-08 was also auspicious, and many weddings occurred on that date.

Well, does anyone consider 11 to be some sort of lucky number? Some cultures think of 7 as lucky, so getting married on 7-7-07 would be considered a auspicious date. In Chinese culture, 8 is considered lucky because it sounds similar to "wealth" or "prosper", so 8-8-08 was also auspicious, and many weddings occurred on that date.

Only "lucky" ;)for the spouse REMEMBERS the anniversary date because they are all the same numbers!

Will all the cruises that are sailing or at sea on 11-11-11 be FULL of newlyweds/wedding aboard the ship? (worrying about demographics will be a little different that most 2 week cruises)

I had a friend marry on 7-7-07 and they wanted to marry on board a ship and everything was booked far far in advance of that date...ended marrying on land....

I doubt anything will affect my cruise, since it will be the last day of a 28 day on the Ocean.

yes the number 8 is consider lucky so August 8, 2008 was very popular

My grandson was born on that date.

November 11, 2011 sounds like a cool number though, remberance day in Canada and Memorial day in the states.

Not Memorial Day; Veteran's and/or Armistice Day. Memorial Day is last Monday in May.

November 11th is a sad day to me, since it's Remembrance Day and so many of my family members were involved in WWI and WWII (Grandfather, father, uncles). If one of my family or friends suggested this day I'd probably suggest they find another ...

JMHO

Only "lucky" ;)for the spouse REMEMBERS the anniversary date because they are all the same numbers!

You only forget that once! TRUST ME! :p:eek:

7-7-7 didn't work, several of us went to Louisiana gambling.....bad,bad,bad,good, bad bad.:eek:

Archived