MLB Playoff scores

atog254

My wife is a baseball nut! SO, as a surprise to her, I made up a MLB scoreboard for the playoffs as our cabin door decoration. Will use dry eraser pens to update daily. Also space for messages from other fans.

I will need to get the playoff scores ASAP to keep the sign updated.

Where can I get the scores? Radio room - pursors office, Cruise Director, etc.

We are sailing on the Carnival Fantasy out of New Orleans.

Steve :cool:

PS - She is a Phillies fan

When we were on the Splendor last year Jaimie (who is now the ACD on the Pride), got my DH all the scores for the foot ball games. Just ask someone on the CD staff, they can help you.

Try and not waste your internet minutes on this, let someone do it for you for free :D

Check the crawler on ESPN International. Also, CNN or Headline News or whatever news channel is on the satellite package should also have the scores periodically.

I consider myself an expert in this area as I have planned my October cruise around a potential Phillies World Series appearance.:D

ESPN International does not have a sports ticker and you have to get lucky to catch CNN's ticker. Your best bet for playoff scores is the Internet.

If you are traveling either during the NLDS/ALDS or NLCS you will not see any of these games as they will be brodcast on TBS. Only the ALCS and World Series will be available on FOX which Carnival carries.

I leave on the Glory on 10/31 which is when Game 3 of the WS is scheduled for. Fortunatley this will be broadcast by FOX and I will be able to enjoy:D

GO PHILLIES!

My wife is a baseball nut! SO, as a surprise to her, I made up a MLB scoreboard for the playoffs as our cabin door decoration. Will use dry eraser pens to update daily. Also space for messages from other fans.

I will need to get the playoff scores ASAP to keep the sign updated.

Where can I get the scores? Radio room - pursors office, Cruise Director, etc.

We are sailing on the Carnival Fantasy out of New Orleans.

PS - She is a Phillies fan

What a cool idea! I have no idea how you go about getting the scores unless you use the internet cafe (or whatever they call it onboard) and go online. Personally, I'll be in a FLL hotel for Game 6 of the World Series and onboard Miracle for Game 7 so I'll be parked in the hotel bar and Maguire's Pub on those two nights. Unless, of course, my Phillies manage to knock off those damn Yankees in 5 or less!;):D GO PHILLIES

My CC agent just e-mailed a reply and suggested that I contact the CD for the updates. Someone on their staff should be able to help.

I used Corel Draw and captured all of the logos off the internet for the scoreboard. I think I did a really good job. Any one interested in a copy I will be pleased to send you a copy in CDR/JPG formats. Just delete our names and location.

atog254@comcast.net

OMG I'll be a baseball widow on the cruise...wait, that might not be a bad thing:rolleyes:. So who's going to be in the World Series we sail on the 24th so...guess I'll have to go check the standings and schedule to see how bad it might be.

Another baseball nut checking in :)

Don't bother with the sports bar...getting any baseball in there is useless. You're in luck, though, because Carnival carries FOX, CBS, ABC and NBC feeds from Colorado. The local news on all stations have a ticker at the bottom of the screen that'll have sports scores. It's how I got my Cubs scores last May (and catch a game, too) ;) And, since the Rockies are headed to the post season, they'll likely have expanded post season coverage on all news stations.

Have a great cruise! :)

What a cool idea! I have no idea how you go about getting the scores unless you use the internet cafe (or whatever they call it onboard) and go online. Personally, I'll be in a FLL hotel for Game 6 of the World Series and onboard Miracle for Game 7 so I'll be parked in the hotel bar and Maguire's Pub on those two nights. Unless, of course, my Phillies manage to knock off those damn Yankees in 5 or less!;):D GO PHILLIES

yeah.....we will be done with whomever the AL team is in 6! Or maybe 5 so we can party in the Bank and not on the road.....

Hi everyone, im sailing on the Carnival Pride Oct 18th out of Baltimore for my honeymoon and you guys are killing me with this "No TBS" talk. I guess i should've definitely checked ahead but i assumed that the ship would carry the channel! How am i going to see my Phillies take care of business in the NLCS?!?!

Hi everyone, im sailing on the Carnival Pride Oct 18th out of Baltimore for my honeymoon and you guys are killing me with this "No TBS" talk. I guess i should've definitely checked ahead but i assumed that the ship would carry the channel! How am i going to see my Phillies take care of business in the NLCS?!?!

Wow...I never expected there to be so many Phillies fan on here. That is soooooooo cool. Maybe you can go online and catch some of the games.

More than I can say for us here at home this week. 2:37pm start?!?!? ***** is that! What are we supposed to do, go to work and tell our bosses we need to take 2 days off so we can watch baseball?!?!?!? If I were a boss, there'd be no problem for my people to take time off for the games but, in reality???

MLB just hates Philadelphia. We always get the sh*^ end of the stick in stuff like this. We have to start 2 stupid afternoon work day games but the Yankees get two night games. I could just scream!

Was that a good game last night? Both wanted the win!

Got my cabin door sign packed in a tube with two dry eraser pens. Just hope I can get the scores easily posted.

Like others, I was surprised how many Phillies fans posted here!

Wife's nephew has P's season tickets and called yesterday and wanted my wife to go to the game on Thursday. We will be in New Orleans tomorrow and can't make the game but will be keeping score at Pat O'Brians!

REPEAT!

Steve

If you subscribe to XM or Sirius satellite radio or have friend who can lend you his radio, bring it. We have gotten the signal as far south as Roatan. The game broadcasts will be available as well as scores and highlights.

Was that a good game last night? Both wanted the win!

I know! I have absolutely no interest in the Tigers or the Twins and I could NOT turn off the set! What a finish! That's what's so great about baseball. You don't have to care about the teams to enjoy a well played game. I know, I know, football fans will say the same and they are probably right, but I'm a baseball girl through and through. My Daddy taught me well!

REPEAT!

You said it!!!! GO PHILS!!!

I have Sirius, but not portable. My Boom Box is too large to transport for flight down and on board the ship!

I'll get the scores!

I agree, that was a GAME! But our Phillies will be there at the end!

So, who's going to any of the games?

Not me...didn't win the lottery to buy tix and don't have season tix either. Can't watch today as I'm at work but I'll listen to it on the radio at my desk and in the car and hopefully catch the last couple of innings when I get home. I'm off tomorrow, thank God, so I'll get to see the game on TV.

I have Sirius, but not portable. My Boom Box is too large to transport for flight down and on board the ship!

I'll get the scores!

I agree, that was a GAME! But our Phillies will be there at the end!

Do you have a friend who can be trusted to text your that score and only that score at an appointed time every day? :p

Another baseball nut checking in :)

Don't bother with the sports bar...getting any baseball in there is useless. You're in luck, though, because Carnival carries FOX, CBS, ABC and NBC feeds from Colorado. The local news on all stations have a ticker at the bottom of the screen that'll have sports scores. It's how I got my Cubs scores last May (and catch a game, too) ;) And, since the Rockies are headed to the post season, they'll likely have expanded post season coverage on all news stations.

Have a great cruise! :)

Just to clairify FOX feeds will be on when the ship is at various ports? Do the cabins get this channel? I wasn't thinking when I booked the cruise that it was during the WS. Sorry, not a Phillies fan. Red Sox

Hi there,

I am expecting my Angels to be in the ALCS ;) and we will be cruising during that week. Are you saying that we will get FOX in our stateroom? What about any common areas? Thanks for your info!

Jan

I consider myself an expert in this area as I have planned my October cruise around a potential Phillies World Series appearance.:D

ESPN International does not have a sports ticker and you have to get lucky to catch CNN's ticker. Your best bet for playoff scores is the Internet.

If you are traveling either during the NLDS/ALDS or NLCS you will not see any of these games as they will be brodcast on TBS. Only the ALCS and World Series will be available on FOX which Carnival carries.

I leave on the Glory on 10/31 which is when Game 3 of the WS is scheduled for. Fortunatley this will be broadcast by FOX and I will be able to enjoy:D

GO PHILLIES!

Archived