Obb-next cruise

RCI new Next Cruise booking program is not very appealing anymore. To my understand when making a OBB Next Cruise booking and selecting a future ship and sail date and applying the applicable OBC to that sailing, now only allows for one change of ship/sail date on that booking.

I'm not sure why RCI felt the need to change their Next Cruise program to this less attractive program...I guess their staff were complaining about too many changes????

I don't understand the big deal about changing a future cruise to a different ship/sail date...if it's available and RCI is holding our deposit money...then why not?

i filed a complaint to RCI Crown and Anchor Dept about this new program and I hope others will follow my actions.

Thank you

Edited by Lyndonn

It prevented me from using the program. I want to book Oasis in May 2018. Got off Majesty last week and sail again on Rhapsody in Feb. Neither cruises are after the release of dates for May 2018. One change would allow for no price watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It prevented me from using the program. I want to book Oasis in May 2018. Got off Majesty last week and sail again on Rhapsody in Feb. Neither cruises are after the release of dates for May 2018. One change would allow for no price watching.

I believe the "change" refers to changing the ship and/or sail date, not getting a price drop or changing categories on the same cruise.

I believe the "change" refers to changing the ship and/or sail date, not getting a price drop or changing categories on the same cruise.

I second that!!! You can still get price drops and/or change categories

Because it costs them money - that's the default answer for most changes.

What ever happen to Customer Appreciation.

Permitting ship/date changes for Next Cruise bookings is such a small item...why take that away from us customers? I rather see them apply an expiration date to the Next Cruise booking and permit us to do what we want with our Next Cruise deposits.

No problem with changing Next Cruise ship/date with Princess, HAL or even Celebrity.

I advised the Crown & Anchor Desk how I felt about this change...it's really petty of RCI!

Edited by Lyndonn

What ever happen to Customer Appreciation.

Permitting ship/date changes for Next Cruise bookings is such a small item...why take that away from us customers? I rather see them apply an expiration date to the Next Cruise booking and permit us to do what we want with our Next Cruise deposits.

No problem with changing Next Cruise ship/date with Princess, HAL or even Celebrity.

I advised the Crown & Anchor Desk how I felt about this change...it's really petty of RCI!

Take the OBC on your current cruise and change the sail date as many times as you wish.

Take the OBC on your current cruise and change the sail date as many times as you wish.

I have to agree. Here is my story. We made an On Board Booking while on Serenade in March for Vision next July. It was half price deposit and $200 OBC and was eligible for C and A discount. Our friends took the OBC to be applied to the cruise we were on, Serenade. We had significant OBC so we opted to wait and apply the $200 to the upcoming Vision cruise. Now, we were assured we could cancel if we wanted (uh huh, right). Anyway, a couple of months ago the Interline rates for Vision were released. I am airline so I qualify. Interline is considered "deeply discounted" and thus not eligible for Future Cruise bookings, C and A discounts, or On Board Booking rates. But after losing the C and A discount, and losing the $200 OBC, the Interline Rate was still $300 cheaper. So, I called my TA. She checked and RCCL said I would lose my C and A (knew that), lose my OBC (knew that), and lose my $200 Deposit (WHAT?????). So finally, I called C and A and explained the situation. I told them that it was inherently unfair that I would lose my deposit since my friends already used $200 OBC, so losing their deposit if cancelling was just paying back the OBC. Finally it turned out that RCCL showed we had ALREADY used the $200 OBC! I assured them I didn't and suggested they check my portfolio account. The C and A rep was fantastic. She did just that, and finally we were able to take advantage of the Interline Rate and got the $300 savings. They didn't even charge me more deposit, which I was fully ready to pay.

So, moral of the story. If I EVER book on board, I will use the OBC on the cruise I am on. Then there is nothing sacrificed if I cancel. I am no longer a fan of On Board Bookings or Future Cruise Bookings. To many headaches.

Edited by papaflamingo

I have to agree. Here is my story. We made an On Board Booking while on Serenade in March for Vision next July. It was half price deposit and $200 OBC and was eligible for C and A discount. Our friends took the OBC to be applied to the cruise we were on, Serenade. We had significant OBC so we opted to wait and apply the $200 to the upcoming Vision cruise. Now, we were assured we could cancel if we wanted (uh huh, right). Anyway, a couple of months ago the Interline rates for Vision were released. I am airline so I qualify. Interline is considered "deeply discounted" and thus not eligible for Future Cruise bookings, C and A discounts, or On Board Booking rates. But after losing the C and A discount, and losing the $200 OBC, the Interline Rate was still $300 cheaper. So, I called my TA. She checked and RCCL said I would lose my C and A (knew that), lose my OBC (knew that), and lose my $200 Deposit (WHAT?????). So finally, I called C and A and explained the situation. I told them that it was inherently unfair that I would lose my deposit since my friends already used $200 OBC, so losing their deposit if cancelling was just paying back the OBC. Finally it turned out that RCCL showed we had ALREADY used the $200 OBC! I assured them I didn't and suggested they check my portfolio account. The C and A rep was fantastic. She did just that, and finally we were able to take advantage of the Interline Rate and got the $300 savings. They didn't even charge me more deposit, which I was fully ready to pay.

So, moral of the story. If I EVER book on board, I will use the OBC on the cruise I am on. Then there is nothing sacrificed if I cancel. I am no longer a fan of On Board Bookings or Future Cruise Bookings. To many headaches.

If you take the OBC on the future cruise the deposit is refundable as you have not used it. If you take the OBC on the current cruise the deposit is NOT refundable as you have already spend that money. Unfortunately sometimes you have to remind the RCL agents that you did NOT take the instant OBC.

Edited by molly361