Thank You - We Love Azamara

Lanz

We have just booked, again, an Azamara cruise that we can embark from a US port in 2013; we are so excited to return to the beautiful Quest. Our last experience on the Quest was exceptional; we sailed on the Presidents Cruise, Barcelona to Rome, 2010. The cruise was perfect because the crew was exceptional. I was so happy to hear that dry dock will include enhancing the crew quarters; this is what makes Azamara exceptional “Take excellent care of your staff, they will in turn take excellent care of your customers”. While we were on the Quest a crew member told us that “Captain Carl” would have a meal with them often. We asked Captain Carl about it and he said yes he wanted the interaction to make sure that the crew was getting what they need to keep them happy, little things, like ensuring the foods of their country/cultures are prepared correctly. The Captain and his officers were always available, walking around the ship, talking to passengers (I’m sure in some cases getting an earful as some people are never happy!) And from personal experience, really listening and taking action when applicable. We had a bad experience at one of the pre cruise hotels arranged by Azamara, the cruise hotel director did all that he could to repair the damage that was done, I can tell you I boarded the ship “not a happy camper” but was immediately “wowed” by the personal attention we immediately received to rectify the situation. We were again contacted when we returned home and received an invitation from the hotel for three complimentary nights. It is unfortunate that the “Big” cruise lines don’t take a lesson from Azamara, when you see unhappy crew members working so hard that they can’t even return a smile you know that the “ship” will be unhappy. Crew satisfaction should be a major budget category even on the “Big Ships”. Thank you Mr. Pimentel for a great product……………..PLEASE DON’T CHANGE.

Archived