Which Summit CS?

chill6x6

Was aboard the Silhouette in March....stayed in my first CS. Very nice and really enjoyed the amenities package. So.....now looking at the Summit and looking at a CS. So....I see they are all on the starboard side. So my question....is one deck/suite any better than any other?

THANKS!

You will get less wind on the aft facing cabin. Deck 8 and lower will have less noise from above. We were in 6106 on Summit and loved it. The balconies are wide but narrow and they have a door that opens in as opposed to a sliding door. Best part was we had good views from in side the suite when we had rain and rough seas.

We have only stayed in 6104 and loved being one Deck above Cafe al Bacio and 2 from Luminae & Michaels.

I would suggest you book the CS facing aft (6106, 7140, etc) as the forward facing balcony was quite windy when the ship was moving. We love the CS on the M class ships.

The interior is also much different from the S class. The bedroom is totally enclosed and very dark so take a night light. There is a nice dining table in the main living area as the balcony is not deep enough for a dining table. The issue that will keep us from booking another CS on an M class is the bath. The shower is in the tub, which has a very high side to step over. Wouldn't be too bad except the configuration of the tub/sink/toilet does not allow for much foot room or room to swing your legs over the tub. With bad knees and being short it is a no go for us.

Agree with previous post, the CS on M class is very different from S class...We have cruised in the S class CS but only seen the M class. Suggest you look on YouTube...

On the positive side for M class the living room area is spacious. Personally we thought the ‘inside’ bedroom claustrophobic looking and the bath/shower very difficult.

...... The issue that will keep us from booking another CS on an M class is the bath. The shower is in the tub, which has a very high side to step over. Wouldn't be too bad except the configuration of the tub/sink/toilet does not allow for much foot room or room to swing your legs over the tub. With bad knees and being short it is a no go for us.

We have been in CSs on both M- and S-class ships, including a CS on the Summit. While they are configured differently, I really don't have a preference. But my husband really likes that the CSs on M-class ships have a small dining room table.

But just a quick comment regarding the tub on the M-class CSs. I am five foot high when I stand straight and tall, and have absolutely no problems sitting on the edge of the tub and swinging my legs over. If the seas are calm I just step (albeit a large step for someone as short as I am) over, but if there is any motion I sit on the ledge. I am fairly flexible and have no mobility issues.