Carnival hub and wifi social plan questions

ch27088

Everyone, I have two questions that hopefully you can help me with. The family and I are going on the Carnival Dream in October so:

1. This is the first time that I've purchased the social media package, and how does it work? When do I get the password, and what social media apps am I able to use this on? I've heard that sometimes you can use it for Snap Chap and Facebook, but then again, sometimes it doesn't work.

2. Is the Carnival Hub available on the Dream, and if so, what all can you do with the hub app? When do I pay for the Carnival Hub, how does the messaging work with it, and can you give me your thoughts and opinions about the Hub app as well?

Thanks everyone.

Carnival Hub has the free portion which has the schedule of events, dining options, menus, and account info. For $5 per device (good for the entire cruise) the Hub Chat feature allows you to text (via the chat feature within the Hub app) others who have activated the Chat feature. Hub and Chat do not require the additional expenses of any internet package. You can purchase/activate the internet package from within the Hub app.

They advertise that the social package supports Facebook messenger. I've seen here on CC some have had limited "luck" in other text apps but don't have experience with them on the ship. We used the Hub Chat with our group because it was the least expensive overall for all involved in our group.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I bought the social pkg 2 weeks ago. It took 2 days before it actually semi-worked. I could not post a thing or start a new post to fb but I could answer a post. It drove me crazy. I did not get a password. I just put phone in airplane mode and signed on thru the Carnval Hub which I have downloaded on my phone. I never did get my tablet to sync up with it. BTW you can only use one device at a time. On past cruises it worked like a charm. No idea what the problem was. A friend onboard bought the next higher pkg and she said it took her 1/2 hour to send a crucial e-mail.

Does anyone know if you have to purchase the social pkg for both phones or since only one can be on at a time can we purchase it for only one phone and use it alternately on separate devices (not at the same time)? I hope I explained that right lol. If we can share I don't want to pay for 2 devices so I want to make sure we pick the right device to put it on.

Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone know if you have to purchase the social pkg for both phones or since only one can be on at a time can we purchase it for only one phone and use it alternately on separate devices (not at the same time)? I hope I explained that right lol. If we can share I don't want to pay for 2 devices so I want to make sure we pick the right device to put it on.

Thank you!!!

Yes. If you attempt to log into a second device using the same folio number, it will ask if you want to log out of the other device. Just click yes and you are good to go. If you click no, then you will be asked to pay for a second package.

Yes. If you attempt to log into a second device using the same folio number, it will ask if you want to log out of the other device. Just click yes and you are good to go. If you click no, then you will be asked to pay for a second package.

Thank you!!! This info helps a lot!!' [emoji4]

• 10 months later...
When you purchase the social media plan, do you also have to purchase a separate wifi package (with minutes) in order to get it to work?

The Social Media Plan IS a wifi package. Wifi is no longer sold by the minute, but rather through packages which allow differing levels of access.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1152/~/carnivals-wi-fi-service-and-hub-app

I bought the social pkg 2 weeks ago. It took 2 days before it actually semi-worked. I could not post a thing or start a new post to fb but I could answer a post. It drove me crazy. I did not get a password. I just put phone in airplane mode and signed on thru the Carnval Hub which I have downloaded on my phone. I never did get my tablet to sync up with it. BTW you can only use one device at a time. On past cruises it worked like a charm. No idea what the problem was. A friend onboard bought the next higher pkg and she said it took her 1/2 hour to send a crucial e-mail.

The Hub App has nothing to do with wifi packages, maybe that's why it did not work. You did not get your tablet to sync to what? Did you go to guest services?

• 2 months later...

I have used the Carnival Hub app ($5 for whole cruise) for several cruises. I am now considering on purchasing the Social Media package ($5 a day) to be able to use Facebook Messenger for keeping in touch with family. Does purchase of the Social Media package include the use of the Hub app or will I have to purchase both? Can I post pictures to Facebook with the Social Media package while on the ship? Will I be able to check into my Southwest airline flight using the Social Media package? Any tips on this will be greatly appreciated!