Spirit

Myfamily3

There are numerous threads on CruiseCritic regarding tips/gratuities/service charges on NCL. In a nutshell, you must pay the daily service charge (DSC) with your booking. If you want to adjust the amount or cancel it entirely, you can do so onboard the ship. However...the DSC is not the same as a "tip." It is shared among the staff, both those you see (room steward, wait staff, bartenders) and those you don't see (laundry staff, kitchen staff). You are free to tip your room steward additionally (and I would say that most people do, usually on the last evening on board) or to add a tip to your tab at the bar (although there is always a gratuity already added to the cost of the drink, which is clearly printed on the receipt you sign). If you buy a drink package or select it as one of your free perks, there is an additional "gratuity" charged to your credit card at the time you purchase the package or add it to your cruise as a perk.

Hope that makes sense.

They actually don't charge tips in the reservation price automatically, only if you request to prepay service charge do you pay upfront. If you booked online, you had to add that to the price. If a travel agent or cruise consultant booked it, they would have to ask you, so make sure you know.

They do charge for beverage package tips automatically on booking if you have the beverage package.

Since you are new to cruising, what happens is everyday of the cruise, they will charge the service charge to your room account (so if there are two traveling, you will be charged $29 per day charge for your room of two). These are the charges that can be adjusted at the service desk, but must be adjusted before you leave the ship. At the end of the cruise your credit card will be charged all the amount of the service charge, plus any other things purchased on board (shore excursion, drinks, etc).

So, I am not sure what you are asking, but that is what I think.

Options are:

1. Tip people and pay service charge(which will be charged at the end of the cruise)

2. Pay service charge and nothing additional

3. Pay some service charge and tip some

4. Remove all service charge and tip everyone in person

5. Remove all service charge and don't tip at all.

It is your choice. But, you should be aware of the what happens on the cruise when service charge it added to your room account everyday. So, if you are going on a 10 day cruise, and there are 2 in a room, $290 would be due at the end of the cruise. ($14.50 X 2 X 10=$290) This amount is usually charged to the credit card on file.

What you do is totally up to you. Don't let what others say here offend you, it is your choice.

But the staff works hard to make your cruise fun. So they should be rewarded.

Its my first cruise!!! Going on ncl spirit.

I heard they charge for tips in the reservation price. Can I cancel the tip change and leave tip along the services we will be using?

You heard wrong.

There is a DSC (DSF) Daily Servcie Charge (Fee) described here -> https://www.ncl.com/faq#service-charge

Tips are not required, they are 100% optional as described here -> https://www.ncl.com/faq#tipping

On some of the packages you get as freebies or as a purchased item, there will be an automatic gratuity added (SDP, UBP, etc).

The general concept with tipping is to tip who you want to tip, any time you want to tip, and in any amount you would like to tip. There are no 'recommended' tip amounts.

They actually don't charge tips in the reservation price automatically, only if you request to prepay service charge do you pay upfront. If you booked online, you had to add that to the price. If a travel agent or cruise consultant booked it, they would have to ask you, so make sure you know.

They do charge for beverage package tips automatically on booking if you have the beverage package.

Since you are new to cruising, what happens is everyday of the cruise, they will charge the service charge to your room account (so if there are two traveling, you will be charged $29 per day charge for your room of two). These are the charges that can be adjusted at the service desk, but must be adjusted before you leave the ship. At the end of the cruise your credit card will be charged all the amount of the service charge, plus any other things purchased on board (shore excursion, drinks, etc).

So, I am not sure what you are asking, but that is what I think.

Options are:

1. Tip people and pay service charge(which will be charged at the end of the cruise)

2. Pay service charge and nothing additional

3. Pay some service charge and tip some

4. Remove all service charge and tip everyone in person

5. Remove all service charge and don't tip at all.

It is your choice. But, you should be aware of the what happens on the cruise when service charge it added to your room account everyday. So, if you are going on a 10 day cruise, and there are 2 in a room, $290 would be due at the end of the cruise. ($14.50 X 2 X 10=$290) This amount is usually charged to the credit card on file.

What you do is totally up to you. Don't let what others say here offend you, it is your choice.

But the staff works hard to make your cruise fun. So they should be rewarded.

Thank you for answering me with details. It will be our first cruise, so we need to know how it works, otherwise, a misunderstanding can lead us to a bad experience.

We thought it was weird to ask for tip before we use the services.

You heard wrong.

There is a DSC (DSF) Daily Servcie Charge (Fee) described here -> https://www.ncl.com/faq#service-charge

Tips are not required, they are 100% optional as described here -> https://www.ncl.com/faq#tipping

On some of the packages you get as freebies or as a purchased item, there will be an automatic gratuity added (SDP, UBP, etc).

The general concept with tipping is to tip who you want to tip, any time you want to tip, and in any amount you would like to tip. There are no 'recommended' tip amounts.

Ok thank you... we were confused between tip and daily charges