Norwegian Dawn Nov 13-20

redwave

We were on the Dawn last November, and going again tomorrow. We hit two big storms last year (enough to flood out/cancel most of the Belize excursions). 10 foot seas, etc. The ship was remarkably stable. We were on the 10th deck, aft, and felt little movement, slept fine, no sea sickness, etc.

haply, when you return (unless you're in a suite), would you mind posting about whether or not TV's were upgraded to flat style and what type of coffee pots are in the rooms? Have a great cruise! TIA.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

haply, when you return (unless you're in a suite), would you mind posting about whether or not TV's were upgraded to flat style and what type of coffee pots are in the rooms? Have a great cruise! TIA.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Yes, the TV's were all upgraded to flat screens. Sorry, can't help with the coffee maker.

Thanks, phoenix1181. I thought I'd read that a while ago. I had assumed that the entire fleet had moved to the one-cup pod drawer coffee makers (Epic did) but recently read that the smaller ships had the Mr. Coffee-type basket brewers.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

We were on the Dawn last February and had very rough seas for several days. The boat was ROCKING...! You would be walking down a hallway, and the entire flock of people were being thrown from side to side... moving as a wave. When in bed, you felt like you were on a teeter tauter. (All the Belize excursions were canceled for us also.)

Having said that... I get sea sick very badly, and I had no problems whatsoever. Of course, I was using the behind the ear patch, but even that hasn't been 100% on past cruises. I feel like it was not as bad because it was rocking so badly... it's different than the barely felt movement... the kind your body sense internally, but you aren't being thrown around. When it was rocking that bad in February, it was like you were at the playground.

That was my experience.

But we had really high winds also, and the outdoor area were affected. The hot tub up front on 13 was definitely out. And even the hot tubs around the pool had so much wind, that were not the most enjoyable. We still had a great time; however, it would be nice if there was better blockage of the wind around the main pool area.