Naples, Sorrento, Amalfi?

meganelise

We have one day in Naples port, from about 8am-7pm. we had planned to do pompeii, but i am looking for a plan b. we are heavy on "ruins" in our trip and i dont want to wear our kids out early. :) we will be doing our excursions on our own, so we will take a train to one of these places. i had thought about Capri for the day, but I think i read that in early November tourist boats arent running? has anyone done the amalfi coast, and what in particular was great? same with sorrento and naples.

thank you!

megan

I don't know when the Capri ferries stop running. But an alternative would be the bus ride along the Amalfi coast - hairy but fantastic views. If any of your party are prone to travel sickness then take some pills first:D

Amalfi, Positano, Praiana - all beautiful and worth visiting.

Have a look at sitabus.it (then click on the English version).

Not sure how old your kids are but I'd recommend Amalfi and Pompeii with a private driver.

Yes, depending upon the age of the children, this is a good plan.

You can do some of Pompeii and not do the full tour if the kids/you get tired.

Have lunch in Naples if you can. The food is amazing. :)

Edited by sail7seas

Boats run to Capri year round so that's not a problem.

You might want to work out a couple of different plans and decide on the day based on weather. If it's raining neither Capri nor the Amalfi Coast will be particularly pleasant so you'll want to have a back up plan.

We did this early Nov. a few years ago. We tried to research ferry time to Capri ahead of time and didn't see a return time that worked. When we got to the port we looked and they had ferry's that ran all day. We took the earliest ferry to Capri, took the ferry from there to Sorrento, then took the train to Pompei, and then the train to Naples, from there we took a cab back to the port. It was a long day, but we did it all.