Norwegian Escape - Ping Pong Table

Sayuil

I recently came back from sailing on Norwegian Escape. Ping Pong table is located on Dec 17 FWD starboard side. The location is not ideal as it has open windows making it prone to Ping pong ball getting fly away into the ocean while you are playing (Needless to say constant wind make it hard to even play). These plastic balls getting dumped into the ocean are a danger to marine life.

I recently reached out to Norwegian Environmental Helpline, the reply I received is they are working on to close the windows in that area.

Someone who has been recently on the ship or is planning to be on it in next few weeks confirm if this is true?

Would appreciate your support to help keep our ocean clean.

Oh no! Im so looking foward to playing. I thought the picture showed a closed in porch type room? Hope they fix that before I sail! Especially since I'm not the best player.H

I recently came back from sailing on Norwegian Escape. Ping Pong table is located on Dec 17 FWD starboard side. The location is not ideal as it has open windows making it prone to Ping pong ball getting fly away into the ocean while you are playing (Needless to say constant wind make it hard to even play). These plastic balls getting dumped into the ocean are a danger to marine life.

I recently reached out to Norwegian Environmental Helpline, the reply I received is they are working on to close the windows in that area.

Someone who has been recently on the ship or is planning to be on it in next few weeks confirm if this is true?

Oh no! Im so looking foward to playing. I thought the picture showed a closed in porch type room? Hope they fix that before I sail! Especially since I'm not the best player.H

When are you going on-board?

I couldnt agree more!!! i heard from a NCL "insider" that they were considering relocating the ping pong tables in the arcade area... maybe they could at least put them where there is zero chance of losing the balls into the ocean..

OP i remember when you were able to go up to the top deck off the back of some ships and hit real golf balls into the clear blue ocean (1990)...and after about 5 years of that the balls were replaced with bio degradable golf balls...then eventually stopped all together!!!

.........snip.........

OP i remember when you were able to go up to the top deck off the back of some ships and hit real golf balls into the clear blue ocean (1990)...and after about 5 years of that the balls were replaced with bio degradable golf balls...then eventually stopped all together!!!

Yea, they stopped that after some Dolphins reported concussion from being hit in the head and a few sea turtles were pooping golf balls out on the beaches. Glad they stopped that.

I couldnt agree more!!! i heard from a NCL "insider" that they were considering relocating the ping pong tables in the arcade area... maybe they could at least put them where there is zero chance of losing the balls into the ocean..

My suggestion was exactly to move this table to a closed space so even those who are playing can enjoy it more.

Its good that they have stopped hitting golf balls in ocean, I can only imaging how much damage it used to do to marine life.

Sailing June 3 I will report back and hopefully its a good report! Always hated chasing balls anyhow! lol

Thanks and Enjoy your cruise :) I sailed Apr 29 - May 6 and have been to Bermuda multiple times. So if you have any questions feel free to ask

• 4 weeks later...
Here’s the ping pong tables on the Bliss (Under the Haven Restaurant).

There are openings in the glass wall.

395982ba8bbaeecf12523400ae38523a.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try bringing it to crew attention to see if they can move it somewhere inside. If that doesn’t work, you can always email their environmental hotline. Moving it indoor is better for environment and even player can enjoy it better with no interference

Try bringing it to crew attention to see if they can move it somewhere inside. If that doesn’t work, you can always email their environmental hotline. Moving it indoor is better for environment and even player can enjoy it better with no interference

Why? The tables have existed in this same spot for 6 years on the Breakaway, Getaway, Escape, and now Bliss. Not an issue.

Why? The tables have existed in this same spot for 6 years on the Breakaway, Getaway, Escape, and now Bliss. Not an issue.

Table positioned in the open space are prone to plastic balls being flown overboard and into the sea. This can then can cause harm to marine life. Its no different then throwing plastic overboard.

Table positioned in the open space are prone to plastic balls being flown overboard and into the sea. This can then can cause harm to marine life. Its no different then throwing plastic overboard.

Not as much damage as being run over by a cruise ship. ;)