Infinity...4 yrs since last cruise...never on infinity..questions

medfordgirl

Ok so it has been 4 years since my last cruise and we have never been on INFINITY... we have a CC1 cabin and we are Elite.. I have some questions:

1) Do we still get a bottle of Champagne in our room?

2) on a 5 nite western caribbean...when is formal nite (or whatever they call it now)

3)can we still bring 2 bottles of wine on board with us?

4)We wanted to go to Q-sine since we never got the chance to go years ago but I see that it is replaced by la petit chef:loudcry:....really did not want to do that...but would try it at a discount...how could I get a discount?

5) are the pastries/cakes/pies etc still free at cafe el bacio?

6) being Elite do we still get free drinks for a couple hours each night? if so where do we go to get them and how many can you get?

7) my hubby does not like going to the buffet...we planned on going to bistro on five for lunch when we boarded but I see that it is also gone:loudcry:...what other options are there for us? any perks for lunch with a CC cabin or Elite status?

Thanks for your help...might have more questions since our cruise is in 2 months...everything happened so fast...

1) Do we still get a bottle of Champagne in our room?

If you book Concierge or Aqua there is a bottle of sparkling wine (not champagne) but often they don't put it in the room on embarkation day, the steward waits for your instruction which day you want it. If you book verandah or ocean view or inside, no welcome bottle is included

2) on a 5 nite western caribbean...when is formal nite (or whatever they call it now)

Do you have a sea day? That will probably be the elegant night. It's never the embarkation day, and hardly ever the last night.

3)can we still bring 2 bottles of wine on board with us?

yes

4)We wanted to go to Q-sine since we never got the chance to go years ago but I see that it is replaced by la petit chefclear.png?emoji-loudcry-1721....really did not want to do that...but would try it at a discount...how could I get a discount?

Negotiate.

5) are the pastries/cakes/pies etc still free at cafe el bacio?

Yes they are

6) being Elite do we still get free drinks for a couple hours each night? if so where do we go to get them and how many can you get?

On a short cruise, it's unlikely there will be so many elite that they will resort to coupons, so you will have an elite cocktail function from 5-7 but not on embarkation day, and not if they have a senior officers party.

7) my hubby does not like going to the buffet...we planned on going to bistro on five for lunch when we boarded but I see that it is also goneclear.png?emoji-loudcry-1721...what other options are there for us? any perks for lunch with a CC cabin or Elite status?

If you book Concierge Class there is lunch served in the dining room on embarkation day. Otherwise, it's the buffet, or the grill at the pool. Sometimes the Aqua Spa cafe is open that day, but you will need to check on board.

Check your on-line Cruise Planner for your cruise, on our recent cruise they were offering 30%discount for booking a speciality restaurant for the first night. If the 1st night works for you it would be easier to book ahead that on tge ship. BTW the discount for the 1st night if you booked once on the ship was the same 30%, but fewer time slots to choose from.

• 2 weeks later...
Check your on-line Cruise Planner for your cruise, on our recent cruise they were offering 30%discount for booking a speciality restaurant for the first night. If the 1st night works for you it would be easier to book ahead that on tge ship. BTW the discount for the 1st night if you booked once on the ship was the same 30%, but fewer time slots to choose from.

30% that is substantial...wish I could eat at both restaurants the first night..