Secrets of the Southern Caribbean (Colon - Oranjestad on Star Breeze)?

Doh15

We (a family of three, including a teenager) are looking at this cruise and would be very appreciative if anyone could share info/thoughts.

We have been to Panama before but were actually considering a trip to Cartagena and Santa Marta/Tayrona so this itinerary is very interesting to us.

Would be very interested in information about the ports-- did you feel there was enough time, did you do excursions (WS or non-WS?), etc.

Also, I know this is a smaller ship (which is good) but does the itinerary involve open ocean? Should we be prepared for noticeable rolls, possible seasickness etc.?

Not sure if this is a newer itinerary or an unusual one but I am not finding too much information to date, so any experiences or information at all would be great.

Thanks! :)

This was the first Windstar cruise that disappointed us and we have sailed with them many times. We went in November and didn't realize how hot and humid Cartagena and Santa Marta would be. We live in Florida so are used to hot and humid but this was truly uncomfortable. The street vendors in both ports were more obnoxious than anyplace we have been. The tours were not up to usual standards, maybe weather had something to do with this. The ship was alongside at each port so there was a lot of disappointment that there were no opportunities to anchor and use the swim platform or water toys. The ABC's had bad rain, obviously out of Windstar's control, but because of heavy rains everything in Bonaire was canceled as their roads were washed out. Curaco looked nice but the itinerary put us there on a Sunday and literally everything was closed. On the good side, Windstar service was excellent as usual and we love to be on the water. I think there was one night at sea when some people were sea sick but we are pretty much preemptive on that end so were fine. The price was really inexpensive so not a bad deal all the way around. Normally when we disembark we talk about how we would love to do the itinerary again but not this time. This is only our opinion and I'm sure that other people felt differently.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk