October 1, 2017 Fascination Sailing

cruisekitty22

Someone asked John Heald about the 10/8 sailing and he had no information yet. I'm assuming we won't hear anything until all of the sailings leaving Florida are figured out. I've got excursions picked out already for Antigua and Dominica if we follow this weeks schedule.

I don't see the Fascination going to St Maarten and possibly even St. Thomas any time soon. The sailing that left yesterday, Dominica and Antigua replaced those two ports. Whether they shuffle or stay the same for an extended period of time, it's far too early to tell. I'm assuming a lot will have to do with available births in other ports. We're on the Nov 5th sailing. I could do without Dominica but I'm ok with Antigua

I'm interested to see though if the new ports change the days we're in St Kitts, Barbados and St. Lucia. We have private excursions booked in 2 of those.

Sad to hear about the damage to Barbuda, Virgin Islands and St. Maarten. Cruise wise, I'm okay with swapping ports instead of more sea days. Does anyone know what the Fascination is doing excursion-wise with the last minute changes in itinerary? Are excursions still available for Antigua and Dominica with such a short notice? Or do passengers just book excursions to the new ports once they board the ship in San Juan? I'm not cruising until January, but I would love to book excursions ahead of time if possible.

Sad to hear about the damage to Barbuda, Virgin Islands and St. Maarten. Cruise wise, I'm okay with swapping ports instead of more sea days. Does anyone know what the Fascination is doing excursion-wise with the last minute changes in itinerary? Are excursions still available for Antigua and Dominica with such a short notice? Or do passengers just book excursions to the new ports once they board the ship in San Juan? I'm not cruising until January, but I would love to book excursions ahead of time if possible.

Obviously, you can research and decide what you'd like to do in those ports but until you have an official notice of itinerary change for your sailing and find out what days you'll be in each port, there's really no way to book ahead of time.

• 1 month later...
Not going anywhere,Carnival canceled all Fascination cruises for the rest of the year.The ship is being chartered by FEMA for housing.

That is so not true. Don't know where you got that info. The Fascination is still doing cruises out of Fort Lauderdale I believe, until it resumes it modified cruise in late October

That is so not true. Don't know where you got that info. The Fascination is still doing cruises out of Fort Lauderdale I believe, until it resumes it modified cruise in late October

Uhh,it's on the carnival homepage at the top.It will resume cruises out of San Juan Feb 18th 2018

Certainly is true, got my cancellation letter this morning for our 12/3 sailing. No Fascination cruises until 2/18/18.