Coral breeze tours or carnival for sharks?

sfs2001

Hello. I am trying to decide the best course of action to see the shark later while on our Carnival cruise in September. The problem lies in not wanting to miss the boat. We are bringing our two children with us on the cruise and want to keep them in the kids club while we do a snorkel experience with the sharks. I wanted to see if we should just book the carnival excursion to be safe, even though it is more expensive and probably more crowded....or do we go with Coral breeze tours who will be cheaper. Do they guarantee that we will be back on the ship in time? Anyone have any experience with them or Carnival? We took our children on their first cruise in Feb and tried to do snorkeling with them but it was a bust....they got into the water but wouldn’t put on their masks and I know they wouldn’t want to get into the water with sharks and I wouldn’t want to leave them on the small boat while we snorkeled. Maybe I am just being overly paranoid but we cannot miss the ship and just wanted to hear other people’s opinions. Thanks so much!

I have done the tour with Coral Breeze... Made it back in plenty of time. They do this every day, and would not be in business with a record of making people late for the ship. If you're really up for adventure, I did the same tour through shoreexcursioneer that took a small plane from Belize City to Ambergris Caye, then a small boat to shark ray alley and Hol Chan marine park. (tour is called Belize shark ray alley and Hol Chan marine park by air) With this option, you spend way less time traveling back and fourth to the snorkeling site.

I have done the tour with Coral Breeze... Made it back in plenty of time. They do this every day, and would not be in business with a record of making people late for the ship. If you're really up for adventure, I did the same tour through shoreexcursioneer that took a small plane from Belize City to Ambergris Caye, then a small boat to shark ray alley and Hol Chan marine park. (tour is called Belize shark ray alley and Hol Chan marine park by air) With this option, you spend way less time traveling back and fourth to the snorkeling site.

I'm interested in this trip...how long did the entire tour take you? We're in port 8a-5pm.

Both tours are around 5 hours. The coral breeze tour leaves from right by the tender pier, and the boat ride is about 45 minutes to Caye Caulker for a quick bathroom break, then onto shark ray alley. The tour by air gives you more time in the water, and visits 2 sites. For this tour, you will need to catch a cab to the Belize Municipal airport (takes 10 minutes, costs $8)

I'm interested in this trip...how long did the entire tour take you? We're in port 8a-5pm.

• 1 month later...
We have the shark/rays tour booked with Coral Breeze for this May. We chose them on the basis of their good reputation on getting passengers back to the ship on time.

Looking forward to your review when you return! I'm trying to figure out who to use for our July trip!