Do Spa Balcony cabins always have less shade?

I have been reading a lot of reviews and quite a few mention that spa balconies have less shade than regular balcony cabins as if there is less overhang on these balconies regularly. I don’t want the sun beaming directly on me all the time so I love having some overhang.

I’m looking at Horizon in July right now and I know we have very little information on that ship but maybe since Vista is its sister ship I can get some advice from spa balcony bookers.

Deck 11 is great! It has shade. We always book Spa Balconies and book deck 11 and we love it but on the Dream and magic. Just make sure there is one deck above you and you should be fine!

Sent from my Z957 using Forums mobile app

Ok I think I understand now. On the ships where people say deck 12 has no shade there are no rooms above that deck.

On Horizon there are apparently rooms all the way up to the 14th floor so even if I'm on 12 I should have some shade.

Thank you for helping!

You will have shade either morning or afternoon, depending which way the ship is traveling in regards to the sun...and time of year! In the winter, the sun is lower in the sky than in the summer, so if you're on the side of the ship AWAY from the sun, you'll be shaded.

• 2 weeks later...