Newbie Drink Package Questions please

CTOM

Hello,

About to go on our first cruise in a few weeks, and I had some questions about HAL's drink options, please. Wife and I don't drink alcohol, so we don't need that package whatsoever.

We don't drink a ton of soda, so we probably don't need a soda package either (do they even offer this?).

But if we are at dinner and feel like a Coke, I understand we can just order one and they add that to our room charge. What about free refills during the same dinner, or do they charge for each one?

Another question I'm unsure about...what if we're in town and purchase a few cans of soda...can we bring them back aboard and store them in our fridge in the room?

If we get no packages at all, I know drinking water is included, but what about coffee if we get room service breakfast for example?

And is the water bottled? Like can we just pop into one of the ship's restaurants and asked for a two bottled waters to go for free?

Thank you for any answers you can provide. Obviously we are new to this and appreciate any help !

There are no free refills. You pay for each glass of soda in the dining room. You can bring as much soda or bottled water on board that you can carry on yourself for use in your cabin.

I don’t think you can bring it into the dining room. Free water in the dining room is not in bottles. There is a fee for bottled water.

Coffee can be ordered for free for room service. Coffee and tea are available free in the Lido 24 hours a day and are served at meal times in the dining room.

Thank you, St Pats. Very helpful. Good to know we can bring some sodas and water into our room. I know bringing wine on board has limitations, and wasn't sure about soda/water.

There is a soda card -- cost is $25 for $50 worth of sodas. They fountain sodas -- about 6 - 8 ounces depending on who fills the glass and how much ice is placed in the glass.

All coffees, teas, juices, poured water is free in the dining room and Lido.

If you decide to order coffee and/or breakfast from room service, the majority of the people do tip the person who delivers it to your cabin.

You can get ANYTHING without a package....no worries. You'll get a can of coke (or whatever flavor)...it yields 2 glasses over ice...if you want another, you can get it.

Packages are NOT necessary!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for their help with this. We're back from the cruise, and the drinks and everything went very smoothly. Once I got used to how everything worked, it was simple like you all said.

You can get ANYTHING without a package....no worries. You'll get a can of coke (or whatever flavor)...it yields 2 glasses over ice...if you want another, you can get it.

Packages are NOT necessary!

So just ask for a can of coke and they give it to you? What is the typical charge for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums