Professional Photos on the Cruise?

dinkydee718

How long after the cruise ends should one expect to receive the framed professional photos taken on the cruise? This is the first time we did the professional photo shoot and ordered any photos and I forgot to ask the photographer how many weeks it normally takes them to ship everything.

Thanks!

How long after the cruise ends should one expect to receive the framed professional photos taken on the cruise? This is the first time we did the professional photo shoot and ordered any photos and I forgot to ask the photographer how many weeks it normally takes them to ship everything.

Thanks!

Hi: I am cruising on my first NCL cruise next March. We have gotten professional photos before onboard Princess and Carnival; however, they were printed and presented to us before we departed. (We loved them too)

We definitely want to get more on our NCL cruise next March. Do you know why they ship them to you separately? Can you give me an example of prices or the cost of any kinds of packages?

Thank you so much.

Thanks!

I would never have believed it, but some of the best portraits we have ever had made have been from a cruise formal night portrait set up (even better than some high priced photographers). And, we love doing it! My sister cruised with us for the first time last June and was really reticent to join us in our photo shoot “party”, but she ended up having great fun and actually loving many of the photos to her surprise. I guess there is a lot to be said for taking pictures when you are happy and relaxed! :)

Lynn

We definitely want to get more on our NCL cruise next March. Do you know why they ship them to you separately? Can you give me an example of prices or the cost of any kinds of packages?

In the past we have done professional photos with the photographers stationed around the ship on certain nights. Those photos you do get before the end of the cruise. This past trip we actually booked an appt with a photographer, who took around 50 pictures on the viewing deck at Glacier Bay of my family, and then we met, a few days later, in the photo studio, chose pictures and chose how we wanted them finished. We had five pictures mounted on metal, that all fit together to form one large (like 4’ x 4’) collage to go on a wall. We could have gotten them mounted on canvas or other materials too. They were substantially more expensive than any other photos we have gotten on board, but they are truly fantastic.

I don’t know if this is something NCL offers on all its ships or just at Glacier Bay, as we have never been approached about it before.

In the past we have done professional photos with the photographers stationed around the ship on certain nights. Those photos you do get before the end of the cruise. This past trip we actually booked an appt with a photographer, who took around 50 pictures on the viewing deck at Glacier Bay of my family, and then we met, a few days later, in the photo studio, chose pictures and chose how we wanted them finished. We had five pictures mounted on metal, that all fit together to form one large (like 4’ x 4’) collage to go on a wall. We could have gotten them mounted on canvas or other materials too. They were substantially more expensive than any other photos we have gotten on board, but they are truly fantastic.

I don’t know if this is something NCL offers on all its ships or just at Glacier Bay, as we have never been approached about it before.

Thank you for the information. I'll keep my eyes peeled on our cruise for something like that; however, at least I know I can fall back on the photographers stationed around the ship :-)

Hi: I am cruising on my first NCL cruise next March. We have gotten professional photos before onboard Princess and Carnival; however, they were printed and presented to us before we departed. (We loved them too)

Thank you so much.

As the previous poster stated, this was different than the photographers stationed around the ship. This is through NCL’s Perspectives Studios. The photographer, Lorie, spent around 45 mins with us taking pictures and then a couple days later at least an hour going through all the photos. We chose five to have printed on canvas and two on metal. In addition we got a USB drive with all of the photos she took and received the rights to use those as well. Lorie and Carlotta are who we dealt with and they were absolutely wonderful and made it so much fun! In fact we did this on the Epic last Thanksgiving and were on the Escape last week and Lorie saw us and remembered us - even our first and last names. It was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As the previous poster stated, this was different than the photographers stationed around the ship. This is through NCL’s Perspectives Studios. The photographer, Lorie, spent around 45 mins with us taking pictures and then a couple days later at least an hour going through all the photos. We chose five to have printed on canvas and two on metal. In addition we got a USB drive with all of the photos she took and received the rights to use those as well. Lorie and Carlotta are who we dealt with and they were absolutely wonderful and made it so much fun! In fact we did this on the Epic last Thanksgiving and were on the Escape last week and Lorie saw us and remembered us - even our first and last names. It was great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow, that's awesome. Do you know if this is something that normally do on most cruises, or is it just by chance?