June 26th thru July 4th, 2018 Oceania Riviera Rome to Venice Cruise

Don P

I've tried for several weeks to create a roll call for this sailing. I would greatly appreciate it if someone with knowledge of how to do this would create the Roll Call for me. I've gone to the New Thread section but have not been able to see it posted.

I've tried for several weeks to create a roll call for this sailing. I would greatly appreciate it if someone with knowledge of how to do this would create the Roll Call for me. I've gone to the New Thread section but have not been able to see it posted.

Don, your post is now showing!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2500116

Perseverance pays off!

Happy sailing!

What I find interesting is that this does appear to show up as a Roll Call, but when you search Riviera roll calls for June 2018 the answer is "none found".

Very odd.

Mura

What I find interesting is that this does appear to show up as a Roll Call, but when you search Riviera roll calls for June 2018 the answer is "none found".

Very odd.

Mura

The Roll call search feature does not always work

I tell people just to scroll through the list

If I'd been looking for MY roll call, that's what I'd have done. But since I was just trying to help out, I took the easy way out...

But I did try a number of times in case there was a problem with the system.

Mura

If I'd been looking for MY roll call, that's what I'd have done. But since I was just trying to help out, I took the easy way out...

But I did try a number of times in case there was a problem with the system.

Mura

Mura I am not sure how the search feature works whether a person has to input the cruise into the search area or if it shows up later

I had the same problem before when looking for a roll call ..it was not under the search but it was in the list when you scroll down the page

I just think the roll call search engine is hit or miss at times :halo:

I started a roll call end of last year for January 2018. There are plenty of people on it who have found it but one person has said that the ' normal' way of finding a roll call isn't working,I need to sort it out..I had no idea there were different ways of searching and so I investigated in case someone had trouble finding us.

I have accidently omitted the ships name on the thread starter heading,only the place and date.The original person who brought this up, and myself, have since asked Cruise critic for help but to no avail.

How do I suddenly add Marina to my roll call heading?

Thanks.

I remain frustrated that the Roll Call for this sailing (Riviera - June 26th thru July 4th, 2018 STILL does not appear despite multiple efforts to set it up. The weeks following this sailing appear so the precedent is there. It should be working. If there is a CruiseCritic representative monitoring these postings I would appreciate your help in getting it posted to the "Find Your Roll Call" section.

I have accidently omitted the ships name on the thread starter heading,only the place and date.The original person who brought this up, and myself, have since asked Cruise critic for help but to no avail.

How do I suddenly add Marina to my roll call heading?

Thanks.

If you posted under the Marina Roll Call section you would think most people would know the one you posted was on the Marina :confused::confused:

Is this the one you are talking about ??

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2408095

Edited by LHT28

I remain frustrated that the Roll Call for this sailing (Riviera - June 26th thru July 4th, 2018 STILL does not appear despite multiple efforts to set it up. The weeks following this sailing appear so the precedent is there. It should be working. If there is a CruiseCritic representative monitoring these postings I would appreciate your help in getting it posted to the "Find Your Roll Call" section.

I would not stress out about it

If it is not listed

there is a link that sends people to the main roll call section & they can scroll through the roll calls for the sailing date

You could contact admin and see if they can add it

I would not let it ruin my day though :halo:

I can see why you are frustrated you posted one roll call under Other cruise lines & not Oceania

plus your question on babysitting should be in this forum not in the roll call section

BTW

Never heard of Oceania having babysitters but then we never asked

I would call Oceania on that question

Edited by LHT28

If you posted under the Marina Roll Call section you would think most people would know the one you posted was on the Marina :confused::confused:

Is this the one you are talking about ??

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2408095

Aaaaaggghhh.yes someone or something has added Marina now.😱 Thank you Lyn anyway!!

Don, I provided you with the link that definitely shows your posting on the Riviera Roll Call boards (see post #2 above). This is what it says: and you are identified as the Thread Starter.

Posted Yesterday, 02:04 PM

We are Carole and Don P. And we will be cruising on the Riviera with our two children and their spouses and our two grandchildren. We will be celebrating a milestone birthday, a wedding anniversary and another birthday. My wife and I sailed on the Riviera in 2012 and absolutely loved it!

If it wasn't appearing, I wouldn't be reading what you wrote. Here is the link again:

Don-

This is how the Roll Calls work in general:

Go to the Oceania Section:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=420

Choose your vessel, and then search for your embarkation date.

To start a Roll Call, go to the Roll Call Board for the ship which you are sailing on, click on "Thread Starter", then "New Thread".

Being searchable is the ultimate goal for a Roll Call, so including the complete sailing date in the title of the post which you create is essential.

A good example would be: Nautica August 4-18, 2017 Baltic Ballads, London to Stockholm

To keep track of your new Roll Call Post, you'll need to be aware that replies to any Post automatically brings that thread to the top of the first page of that Board.

The most popular threads remain constantly at the top of page one; you'll need to scan lower, or even look on pages two or three if you are not receiving as many replies.

As a sailing date approaches, passengers naturally become more interested and excited, so those Roll Calls invariably get a last minute boost. Wait a while, your time will come.

When replies are posted to your thread, it moves right back to the top of the list.

Hope that this helps!

Don-

This is how the Roll Calls work in general:

Go to the Oceania Section:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=420

Choose your vessel, and then search for your embarkation date.

To start a Roll Call, go to the Roll Call Board for the ship which you are sailing on, click on "Thread Starter", then "New Thread".

Being searchable is the ultimate goal for a Roll Call, so including the complete sailing date in the title of the post which you create is essential.

A good example would be: Nautica August 4-18, 2017 Baltic Ballads, London to Stockholm

To keep track of your new Roll Call Post, you'll need to be aware that replies to any Post automatically brings that thread to the top of the first page of that Board.

The most popular threads remain constantly at the top of page one; you'll need to scan lower, or even look on pages two or three if you are not receiving as many replies.

As a sailing date approaches, passengers naturally become more interested and excited, so those Roll Calls invariably get a last minute boost. Wait a while, your time will come.

When replies are posted to your thread, it moves right back to the top of the list.

Hope that this helps!

Thanks Jim and Stan! I believe I met one of you on a Sept. 2012 sailing on the Riviera. I'm not positive but if one of you was a pretty good photographer we had a discussion about cameras.

I can find my posting but only through accessing the Community Board. It does not appear on the Roll Call Board although two other sailings of the Riviera are found there.

Edited by Don P
typo

I can find my posting but only through accessing the Community Board. It does not appear on the Roll Call Board although two other sailings of the Riviera are found there.

It is in the roll call but not under the SEARCH ROLL CALL feature as that does not always work as intended

here is the link again

If you click on your name when you sign in then find all posts you will see it also

you can also click user cp ..it will bring up any threads you have posted in that have new messages