Grills Brochure

SALAD MUNCHER

Just received by post from Cunard a spanking new booklet entitled "The Grills". On the last page there are two things I am surprised over:

1. It states afternoon tea is served in the Grills Lounge. Last November we were served afternoon tea in the Princess Grill Restaurant, which wasn't too nice actually. Have they now reverted back to serving in the Lounge?

2. It also states "...In the evening the lounge hosts pre-dinner cocktails and canapes..." Does this means free cocktails and canapes (seeing as though it states 'hosts')?

Just thought anyone travelling in Grill recently might be able to answer these questions. Thanks

1. It states afternoon tea is served in the Grills Lounge. Last November we were served afternoon tea in the Princess Grill Restaurant, which wasn't too nice actually. Have they now reverted back to serving in the Lounge?
I wonder of this is a QM2 v QE/QV thing?

I had afternoon tea two years ago in the spacious Queens Grill Lounge on QM2.

However on QE, where the lounge is smaller, afternoon tea was served in the Princess Grill Restaurant earlier this year.

Of course, things may have changed and QM2 may have followed QE/QV in this respect; I can only speak of my experiences in Queen Grill on both ships.

We sailed on QE last October in QG and had afternoon tea in Princess restaurant which was superb and how afternoon tea is served in all top class hotels. I would imagine the reason why they switche dit from the lounge is that it is not very big on QE.

We returned 2 weeks ago from QE and afternoon tea was served in the Princess Grill. We went once when we had a late return fro.m an excursion and had missed lunch. The lounge was busy before dinner with people having pre dinner drinks but as we didn’t go in until after dinner I didn’t see what they were serving . It was often full after dinner as they showed the World Cup.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on QM2 for Xmas last year..really enjoyed the afternoon tea in the grills lounge...not the restaurant. Service was so much quicker than in the Queens room..was spoilt on this trip, back on her in 1 week..but in club this time...either way going to love it

Sent from my iPad using Forums