Majesty - Deck 8 OV(Really Obstructed?)

I did a search on CC for my cabin #. Sovereign and Majesty the views are exactly the same.

Mine was 8572, which was 25% obstructed. There are at least 6 that have no obstruction. Some have more osbtruction but obstructed means yes you can see the ocean, but generally not 100%, so the whole deck is categorized as obstructed.

Picture055.jpg

Picture054.jpg

Thanks for the info and the pictures.

Don't you know which are the 6 with no obstruction?

I did a search on CC for my cabin #. Sovereign and Majesty the views are exactly the same.

Mine was 8572, which was 25% obstructed. There are at least 6 that have no obstruction. Some have more osbtruction but obstructed means yes you can see the ocean, but generally not 100%, so the whole deck is categorized as obstructed.

Picture055.jpg

Picture054.jpg

Do a search.. I found a list on here somewhere that gave a list of stateroom #s that are NOT OBSTRUCTED.

I'm counting on it... I booked 8596 on Majesty based on that list.

However, I had a deck 8 stateroom on Sovereign, and for my money the few $$ more than Inside is well worth the minor obstruction. You can see the weather and where you are. If you want to sit and gaze out, there are much better places on board for that. Even in an unobstructed OV, you'd have to knee on the bed to look out.

IMO. these cabins are the best value on board this class ship.

ML

And if it's of any consolation for an obstruction - when I was on Majesty for the 4 day cruise, my friend and I were only in the room to change, shower, sleep and recoup from sun burns! As long as you can see out to see what it's like outside, no worries, you probably won't spend much time in there. It's soo small you don't want to be in there too! ;)

Thank you for posting the rooms with the completely unobstructed view. We just booked 8538 on Majesty...glad to see it was a good choice! We were originally going to do Mariner in the last week of September '08 but switched to Majesty for the same week, for the shorter cruise and a week at WDW. Once again thank you! :) ~Val

At the top of this page you will see the Search in blue lettering in the tan line, all the way to the right at the top of this page. By clicking search, it will take you to the search page. Once there just type in Majesty and the room #, then go to the right side of the page and highlight the correct forum... in this case Royal Caribbean International and hit search. If you watch to search for more than 1 forum, say RCI and Cabin location forum, use the control feature to highlight each forum, then hit search. Hope this helps! :) ~Val

Here is the list for Monarch and Sovereign, should also work for Majesty.

Monarch Deck 8- minimally obstructed views (Between lifeboats)

8008 8508

8030 8530

8032 8532

8034 8534

8036 8536

8038 8538

8048 8548

8050 8550

8060 8560

8072 8572

8084 8584

8096 8596

• 10 years later...
Thank you for posting the rooms with the completely unobstructed view. We just booked 8538 on Majesty...glad to see it was a good choice! We were originally going to do Mariner in the last week of September '08 but switched to Majesty for the same week, for the shorter cruise and a week at WDW. Once again thank you! :)