Jewel balcony question

Any exprerience with front balconies on Deck 10.

We have 1516 (E2) below the spa. We thought it would be nice to one deck from the pool, food outlets...

Any downsides?

Thanks!

If there is ship motion, you will feel it significanly more there than midship.

Radiance class; I'm not sure of the aft balconies. The forward balconies 7048-7014 and 7548-7514 all have extended balconies and no lifeboat covers to obstruct your view. With that extended balcony the cabin is also smaller, so you must weigh the trade-off.

As for privacy, the dividers don't reach the rail. I never thought of that as much of a problem. It's not impossible for someone to look around the divider for any balcony. It does make a huge difference for the Hubbard Glacier viewing because you can easily see forward and aft with no divider blocking your view.

Enjoy your cruise.

• 1 month later...
Any exprerience with front balconies on Deck 10.

We have 1516 (E2) below the spa. We thought it would be nice to one deck from the pool, food outlets...

Any downsides?

Thanks!

yup. Cleaners moving around chairs and beds on the pool deck at 06;00.

Deck 7 forward (forward elevators). 8-10 should all be OK.

We've always enjoyed cabins on Deck 7 forward. As you can see on the deck plan, the balconies extend out farther and are not obstructed by lifeboats beginning with 7046 (port) or 7546 (starboard) and going forward to 7014 or 7514. I just checked, and we've been in 7040 or 7540 on Radiance, Jewel, and Brilliance a total of 11 times. Those are close to the elevator, and nearer mid-ship if you're concerned about movement.

As someone mentioned, the dividers do not provide as much privacy as in other areas, but you do have more panoramic views. One time we went with a group and had all the cabins from 7544 through 7520 - it was easy to interact on the balconies even though the dividers don't open.

Unfortunately we now need accessible cabins. We're going on a B2B2B in March on Brilliance, and will have an obstructed balcony, but even booking nearly a year ahead of time that was the best accessible cabin our TA could find available for three cruises in a row.

On Oasis we try to book far enough ahead to get 6236 or 6636, which have spacious balconies and are near the Boardwalk. As we age, our cruise experiences change, but we plan to keep cruising as long as we're able (7 booked for this year).

Margy

We have nothing to compare it to, but really liked our deck 11 balcony on Jewel. Never heard a peep from above, kind of secluded (there are only like 20 rooms on Deck 11), rooms are new (just installed 1 year ago). We did feel some motion, but we actually enjoyed it.

Thanks, that is helpful. Was the balcony view good? Did you mind the walk as this is pretty far forward?

I thought it would be quiet as it is below the spa area, not the pool....

It was a great view! We could see in the bridge. Good ocean view also.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app