Connecting Cabins on Norwegian Spirit

Bawjaws

I am contemplating booking a cruise on NCL Spirit in February, but concerned that the only cabins available are all connecting. I really don’t want to be able to hear what’s going on in the room next door through connecting doors - has anyone experienced these cabins, and should I be concerned?

Also, any general thoughts on Spirit would be welcomed, as the reviews I have read so far aren’t entirely inspiring, but the itinerary is good.

I have previously cruised Celebrity, RCCL, P&O, Princess, MSC and Carnival.

we had a bad experience with connecting cabin on Spirit so we always choose cabins without connecting door

The problem is with sound carrying through the air gap around door frame and we could hear noises from our neighbours

someone from maintenance came and applied duct tape around the frame which helped a bit

I really like the Spirit-she is older but very pretty and has soaring atrium over several levels which is missing in the newer mega ships

We just sailed on the Spirit last week.

We had connecting doors to the cabin next to us. There was not any noise from their room the whole 11 days we were on that cruise.

It was a balcony room on deck 11 if that makes any difference to you.

The Spirit is a bit older than other ships but I feel she is in great condition. I like how it never felt too crowded. The staff was happy and really made this a great cruise!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app