Shore Excursion sell out likelihood - Jewel of the Seas

I am trying to book the Island Safari 4x4 excursion in Antigua for our upcoming cruise Mar 11. You need to be 13 in order to do this event, and my son turns 13 the day of. Since he's 12 when he boards, I was told by the SE Dept, they can't help me but I can book this when we get there. How likely is it for excursions like this to sell out? My only experience with sell outs had been on a helicopter/dog sledding one in Juneau. That sucker sold out 5 months early on an NCL cruise.

I looked at the vendor's page and it was actually more expensive there. We're not really "sit at the beach all day" sorts, so I want to be sure we're not out of luck when we get there...especially since it'll be his birthday.

Thoughts?

thanks!

I just returned from a land vacation in Antigua, which was great! As Antigua received little damage in the hurricanes, many cruise ships have been redirected to Antigua (when I was there they were saying double to triple the usual ships). I would definitely try to pre-book, especially if there are multiple ships in town.

I am trying to book the Island Safari 4x4 excursion in Antigua for our upcoming cruise Mar 11. You need to be 13 in order to do this event, and my son turns 13 the day of. Since he's 12 when he boards, I was told by the SE Dept, they can't help me but I can book this when we get there. How likely is it for excursions like this to sell out? My only experience with sell outs had been on a helicopter/dog sledding one in Juneau. That sucker sold out 5 months early on an NCL cruise.

I looked at the vendor's page and it was actually more expensive there. We're not really "sit at the beach all day" sorts, so I want to be sure we're not out of luck when we get there...especially since it'll be his birthday.

Thoughts?

thanks!

You could look at booking probably same thing on your own, instead of through the ship, that way you could do it now, might get a better excursion, and possibly cheaper.

You could temporarily modify his birthday to allow the booking and then fix it later or at check in.

The problem with this it should change pricing for anything else that is based on age. Excursion pricing for children is based on being 12. So you may have to pay the difference for other excursions. And if you had kids sail free that also ends at 12 so you would have to pay full price.

You could look at booking probably same thing on your own, instead of through the ship, that way you could do it now, might get a better excursion, and possibly cheaper.

I looked. Instead of $65 on ship it’s $110 thru the vendor. It’s a bit longer but I’m not sure it’s worth the price jump as there are four of us