BRITISH ISLES on the JADE- TENDER PORTS?

jordans mom

I am looking at cruises to the British Isles. NCL has the JADE doing a 12 day itinerary. On some other competitor itinerary notes - at least 2 of the Ports were listed as TENDER ports .

I cannot tell you HOW MUCH I HATE TENDERING..:mad::mad::mad:..even though we often on NCL would have priority because of the cabin level we often choose + Latitudes level

Would appreciate any and all input on whether there are TENDERS on the British Isles itinerary :cool::cool::cool:

or advice on how I can find out....have been unable to find info regarding this particular detail on the NCL website.....

There certainly are some.

The Jade tenders at Edinburgh, and also in Lerwick if the cruise goes there.

I don’t know for sure on the Eastern ports though. I have a feeling that Dublin may be a tender port, but could be wrong.

Overall, if tendering is an issue then this may not be the best itinerary for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Googled "NCL Tender Ports" and voila..........

https://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising

Look at the bottom of this page. I don't know how accurate it is for Europe but I noticed a few of the ones they have listed as tender ports in the Caribbean are places where I have docked at. So they may be "possible" tender ports.

Unfortunately, it could best be very charitably described and "extremely inaccurate".

There are ports listed as definite tender ports which I have docked at multiple times.

That doesn't surprise me, Keith. It makes it hard for the folks like the O.P. to plan accordingly.

We tendered in Edinburgh but it was not bad at all. Earlier in the season the Jade was using the ship tenders. I had read some complaints and was prepared for a long process. I was pleasantly surprised that Ncl hired a very large tender and we were ashore in no time. We took the city bus to Edinburgh and a taxi back to port. Wonderful day and the entire itinerary was great - we did the 14 night Iceland, Norway and British Isles. The seas were really rolling on the way to Iceland but on the way back it was fine. Can’t remember if we tendered any other ports besides Edinburgh. If we did it wasn’t an issue.