2020 Horizon, either good prices or website error.

tallnthensome

I always book my cruises 2 years in advance. I noticed that Carnival's website recently listed a few of their April 2020 cruises including the ones on the new Horizon. I found it surprising that on that ship that almost all staterooms are only $169 for 3rd and 4th passengers plus taxes. That's really cheap considering the skyrocketing prices. I wonder if that is an error. I booked a spa interior for 8 days for 4 on the Horizon for $2500 plus $500 for prepaid gratuities . It includes $100 OBC too. I don't ever remember seeing 3rd and 4th passengers that cheap on an an 8 day on the newest Carnival ship. To give you a comparison on why I question if it's an error is the fact that this same cruise and spa cabin for for 4 for 2019 is $4500, same weeks basically. Prices are listed at $1000 a piece for four. $1500 more than 2020. This doesn't seem right that it would be $1500 less for 2020, a third less. I had this exact spa cabin on the Vista in 2017 and I paid $500 more for it and I booked that 18 months before sailing when Vista bookings opened. My advice is if you book way out like we do then you'd better take a look before they fix it. Maybe I'm wrong or maybe I'm right about these low prices. They seem to trend upward every year not way back on a new ship. Thoughts? Error?

Edited by tallnthensome

Our Nov 2018 Horizon cruise the 3rd and 4th are $169. Works for me. Offsets 1st and 2nd person rates, lol. :)
Yea, I love it but it's weird. Seems just a few certain sailings have the $169 3rd and 4th guest on Horizon. Only one week before our late April 2020 on her the week before is $1700 more for the same trip and inside cloud 9 spa cabin. I find that very odd but I like it. That's a heck of a price drop one week later.