Carnival Dream - where to chill besides the pool?

broken_bird

I'm cruising on the Dream in September. It's been about 10 years since I cruised and I am not a pool person. I would rather sit in a deck chair somewhere else to read my book, people watch, just watch the scenery or horizon, etc. Someplace probably a little quieter than the pool area.

Where are deck chairs located besides the pool? It's kind of hard to tell from the deck plans. Any secret or not-so-crowded spots that often get overlooked?

Thanks all - this forum is amazing!

Deck 10 all around are good, one deck up from lido so quieter. Sides of whale tail are quiet and relaxing for sun or shade. Always an open space and left my lido balcony for it when I wanted to people watch, sun,etc.

There's a great spot aft, one deck above the aft pool. It sort of overhangs the deck below and there are only 4 chairs in it. We were lucky enough to snag it one day. Super spot near the stairs.

Yeah, that sounds awesome! Thanks for the tip!

I agree that Serenity was the place for me, shade or sun. Bar service and towel service.

Deck 5 has a variety of lounge chairs, other types of cushioned chairs and a few shady spots. On sea days one side becomes the lanai bar b que and there are hot tubs on this level. Also since it does go all the way around the ship some people, like me, use it to walk or run instead of the track.

Oh awesome! We went in January and this will be my 4th time on a cruise, this is the biggest ship I've been on. They usually have cruise critic get togethers?! Have u heard of one for this sail date?

Oh awesome! We went in January and this will be my 4th time on a cruise, this is the biggest ship I've been on. They usually have cruise critic get togethers?! Have u heard of one for this sail date?

Go to Roll Call, your sailing is there with 147 replies. I did not read them, so what info is there, I don't know.

There's a great spot aft, one deck above the aft pool. It sort of overhangs the deck below and there are only 4 chairs in it. We were lucky enough to snag it one day. Super spot near the stairs.

That was our favorite spot too.... And there were loungers in the sun and chairs against the window in the shade.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived