Beer at Harvest Caye

n8botting

Has anyone brought beer off the ship at harvest caye? I'm thinking of ordering a couple of beers at a time (UBP) and asking them not to open one of them, taking the unopened back to my stateroom...repeat a few times, then take those unopened beers in my backpack wrapped up in towels at harvest caye? I did this at great stirup caye with no troubles, just wondering if anyone else has done it?

thanks

Has anyone brought beer off the ship at harvest caye? I'm thinking of ordering a couple of beers at a time (UBP) and asking them not to open one of them, taking the unopened back to my stateroom...repeat a few times, then take those unopened beers in my backpack wrapped up in towels at harvest caye? I did this at great stirup caye with no troubles, just wondering if anyone else has done it?

thanks

Did exactly that in Dec '16. Carried a soft bag cooler and iced them down up in the buffet.

the pier looks pretty long to be humping back and forth with 2 bottles of beer at a time. 2 is probably the most you will be able to get at one time, and they usually are required to open them.

GSC is different because your UBP works there. HC everything is for fee, so the agreement is that money will be spent on the island to benefit the locals and the business there. im guessing you wont be able to do this.

the pier looks pretty long to be humping back and forth with 2 bottles of beer at a time. 2 is probably the most you will be able to get at one time, and they usually are required to open them.

GSC is different because your UBP works there. HC everything is for fee, so the agreement is that money will be spent on the island to benefit the locals and the business there. im guessing you wont be able to do this.

While they default to opening them, if you ask they will leave them unopened. I just started grabbing an unopened one every time I was heading back to the cabin. By Wed, which was our Harvest Cay day, I had enough to fill the little softside cooler we had stuffed in the suitcase. Iced them down and had a nice beach day.

While they default to opening them, if you ask they will leave them unopened. I just started grabbing an unopened one every time I was heading back to the cabin. By Wed, which was our Harvest Cay day, I had enough to fill the little softside cooler we had stuffed in the suitcase. Iced them down and had a nice beach day.

Yes! thats what i'm talking about! I hadn't thought of packing a small soft sided cooler, that is genius!

I only need 5 or 6 to get me through till lunch ;p

Bar staff have always left beer unopened upon request. I do this when I want to bring beer back to the cabin to enjoy on the balcony.

If you bring beer with you to Harvest Caye please do not bring beer in glass bottles.

I didn't know you could get glass bottles on the ships? I usually stick to the aluminum cans (i.e. bud light, bud light lime, etc)