Rental car drop off question in Port Canaveral

antnjen

Even though our cruise on Oasis isn't until next June, I am enjoying the planning stage! We are considering renting a car in Orlando and driving over to Port Canaveral the day before departure so that our teenage boys can enjoy NASA. I have heard that the shuttle buses for the rental car agencies (we will be using National) can be crowded and take a long while on embarkation day. What has your experience been? Would it be better for my husband to drop us all off at the dock (with our luggage) and then return the car, or could we all go together to return the car and take the shuttle to the dock?

Even though our cruise on Oasis isn't until next June, I am enjoying the planning stage! We are considering renting a car in Orlando and driving over to Port Canaveral the day before departure so that our teenage boys can enjoy NASA. I have heard that the shuttle buses for the rental car agencies (we will be using National) can be crowded and take a long while on embarkation day. What has your experience been? Would it be better for my husband to drop us all off at the dock (with our luggage) and then return the car, or could we all go together to return the car and take the shuttle to the dock?

If you go early as we did on October 1st take everyone and ride the shuttle together. We turned in the car at 10:45 and my wife and I were the only ones in the shuttle to the port. This was at Budget.

We used Hertz this past summer. The bus was full, and we dropped off at Disney before we went to our ship (Carnival Magic). We thought the whole process was pretty easy and we loved the freedom of the car the day before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last time I dropped bags and people at the cruise terminal, dropped the car at the rental agency, and took Uber back to the terminal I think it cost a whole $7 for the Uber and was much faster than waiting for the rental car shuttle.

Just dropped off vehicle with hertz this past Sunday. Got to port and dropped off luggage with porter at 920 am.

Hertz is real close by like 5 minutes or less.

Bus was waiting and took the 3 of us to the port. There were only 4 other people on the shuttle.

Walked in terminal and were sitting in the waiting area by 950 or so.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk