Tricks for getting an upgrade?

compman9

Just wondering, whether there are any cheeky ways of snagging an upgrade - I don't mean asking or waiting or getting lucky

I just snagged the last Junior Suite on a trip and wondered whether there was a way of perhaps moving to a guarantee (I don't know whether this would even be allowed), or something else...

I am fully aware that if there are any, some might not be willing to share ;)

... I just snagged the last Junior Suite on a trip and wondered whether there was a way of perhaps moving to a guarantee (I don't know whether this would even be allowed), or something else. ...

If it is before final payment date and there is a "W" (suite) guarantee category available, then you can move to that if you like. You would have to pay the difference (or get a price drop) between what you have paid and the current price of the guarantee. After final payment, you can still move, but would get no price drop if the guarantee was priced less than what you have already paid.

Watch the prices. And, call even if your final payment date has come & gone. The worst thing that can happen is that they will say no. We got a great deal on an upgrade on a Celebrity cruise in March after prices dropped in January. Got extra perks, too. It's always worth a phone call. Good luck!