Seeking Info Re. Princess Transfers from Paris to Le Havre for Embarkation. & Return?

PEIpair

Anyone with knowledge of WHERE and WHEN, the Princess Transfer picks you up in "City Centre" Paris on the day of embarkation.

We want to spend one night in Paris prior to 12 Nt British Isles cruise from Le Havre on Aug 28/18

and would like to book hotel etc that is convenient to our transfer.

We haven't booked transfer yet but the price is no more than a private one and we are not interested in dragging our bags on the train.....(and no matter what happens along the 2.5 hr drive, the ship must wait for us).

Also.....

On return, does anyone know if we are able to join a Tour in Le Havre that day and THEN take the transfer

to CDG - as we do not fly out until next day?

Thank you so much for any info that CC members may have!

PEIPair

The transfers usually leave from a hotel, typically the same one the cruise line used for people who came in a day or more early and wanted to book lodging thru Princess. I would suggest that you phone them and ask for the specific departure info. But I'd let them settle down for a week or so after the recent mess when the ship couldn't dock at LeHavre.

On return, does anyone know if we are able to join a Tour in Le Havre that day and THEN take the transfer

to CDG - as we do not fly out until next day?

Thank you so much for any info that CC members may have!

PEIPair

Princess does offer one disembarkation tour that ends at CDG:

Make the most of disembarkation day on a whirlwind tour through the 'City of Light.' Your motorcoach tour takes in top sights and highlights including Place de la Concorde, the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, and the Louvre. Enjoy free time for lunch, then continue to the airport, train station, or a central locale.

I believe that a transfer from the city center leaves from a rail station. We have booked one for our Sept. 2019 cruise. I have asked my TA for additional information, and when I hear from her, I’ll get back with the answer.

I received this email from my TA.

Motorcoach transfer from Paris city center to the ship berthed at Le Havre.

On day of embarkation, please meet at the below location. A Princess

Representative will be at this location to meet you and direct you to the motor coaches.

Meeting Location: Montparnasse Train Station @ Platform 24 area

Address: 17 Boulevard de Vaugirard, 75741 Paris

Meeting time: 9:30 am. Transfer is approximately 3 hours, subject to traffic.

Thank you so very much.

This is exactly the information I was looking for.

You’re welcome. Double check the information with your TA. Our cruises are over one year apart, so the time and location may be different for you. Have a wonderful cruise!

• 3 months later...
I believe that a transfer from the city center leaves from a rail station. We have booked one for our Sept. 2019 cruise. I have asked my TA for additional information, and when I hear from her, I’ll get back with the answer.

I noticed you are doing a Sept 2019 Cruise. We are doing the one leaving Le Havre on Aug 28th, 2019. Please tell me if you are aware of any pre cruise hotel packages with Princess in Paris? We obviously would prefer booking with Princess as it will include transfers etc.

Thank You.

I noticed you are doing a Sept 2019 Cruise. We are doing the one leaving Le Havre on Aug 28th, 2019. Please tell me if you are aware of any pre cruise hotel packages with Princess in Paris? We obviously would prefer booking with Princess as it will include transfers etc.

Thank You.

Unfortunately, there are no packages that I’m aware of. I recently checked for one with no luck. We’re going to take the Princess transfer from Paris to Le Havre, so if there’s a problem getting to the port, Princess should cover it. The optimum word here is “should”. I’ve read some of the horror stories on CC, which makes me nervous sailing out of Le Havre. Hopefully neither of us will have a problem.

Thank You,

Hopefully, they will come up with a hotel package for pre cruise. If not, then I will make the reservations myself. Do you know of any good hotels in Paris? And, what are the details of the Princess transfer from Paris to Le Havre, i.e. price and pickup location.

Once again, many thanks.

See my post #5 above regarding transfer details for our particular cruise. Yours could be different. I believe Princess is charging us $114 pp.

We’re still researching hotels. As this is our first trip to Paris, we’re looking for something central. If you’re in good physical shape, a hotel close to a Metro station could be a good choice. Most of them have stairs and are not handicapped accessible, so that’s something to consider.

• 1 month later...
Thank You,

Hopefully, they will come up with a hotel package for pre cruise. If not, then I will make the reservations myself. Do you know of any good hotels in Paris? And, what are the details of the Princess transfer from Paris to Le Havre, i.e. price and pickup location.

Once again, many thanks.

Hello Hondo...I've been researching the same thing and have had no luck, as Princess doesn't have a contract with any hotel in Paris. Which make me wonder if they ever will because it's already less than 120 days to 2019. We are traveling in May, 2019. I recently visited Paris and loved staying the Germain district which is a ten minute walk to Notre Dame and the Seine...everything is close. There are several great hotels there. We are staying at Victoire & Germain. This hotel is also very near the train station at Montparnasse. So if no hotel is booked by Princess, I'll take a taxi with a fixed rate (@ 65 Euros) to my hotel and a short taxi to the train station for a transfer. This would be easy enough, but I do like the idea of being picked up at CGD taken to my hotel and then picked up at the hotel and taken to the ship. Please everyone share any info.

• 4 months later...
On 9/6/2018 at 2:10 PM, Crystabel said:

Unfortunately, there are no packages that I’m aware of. I recently checked for one with no luck. We’re going to take the Princess transfer from Paris to Le Havre, so if there’s a problem getting to the port, Princess should cover it. The optimum word here is “should”. I’ve read some of the horror stories on CC, which makes me nervous sailing out of Le Havre. Hopefully neither of us will have a problem.

I have a minor variation on these questions: we are also sailing out of Le Havre Aug 28, and are having a tough time figuring out how to get to Le Havre a couple of days early (want to do an excursion to the Normandy Beaches from LeHavre) without it costing more than $500 per person for transportation from CDG to LeHavre. My TA says that Princess only provides transportation from their precruise hotel, and it is sold out. I am now thinking we cancel our Normandy trip, stay in a hotel near CDG, go to CDG on the 28th and leave with others who will be flying in the morning of the cruise departure. She says that the transfer people must have a plane reservation for that day. we want to come in early because we don't want to risk missing the plane for unforeseen issues here in MN. My question is what's the most economical way to get from CDG to Le Havre?

28 minutes ago, Winer/diner said:

I have a minor variation on these questions: we are also sailing out of Le Havre Aug 28, and are having a tough time figuring out how to get to Le Havre a couple of days early (want to do an excursion to the Normandy Beaches from LeHavre) without it costing more than $500 per person for transportation from CDG to LeHavre. My TA says that Princess only provides transportation from their precruise hotel, and it is sold out. I am now thinking we cancel our Normandy trip, stay in a hotel near CDG, go to CDG on the 28th and leave with others who will be flying in the morning of the cruise departure. She says that the transfer people must have a plane reservation for that day. we want to come in early because we don't want to risk missing the plane for unforeseen issues here in MN. My question is what's the most economical way to get from CDG to Le Havre?

I believe if you google 'Train from Charles DeGaulle airport to LeHavre, France./ you'll see prices start at 26 Euros...so it's much cheaper by train. Especially if you are not rushing to check in at the ship. If you can't catch the train at the airport, you can easily catch it from Montparnessse Train Station in Paris. Very inexpensive to LeHavre. 

35 minutes ago, Winer/diner said:

P.S. We are taking a Princess coach from Montparnasse train station in Paris on the day we depart, this is different from the pre-cruise hotel package and private car to the ship. I believe it costs $114 per person. The train would be cheaper, but since it's the day we are departing I prefer to take their coach service because of luggage and making it easy on ourselves. Princess does offer a transfer from Paris to the ship, but it's on the day of departure. You seem to be wanting to spend your pre-cruise days in LeHavre, so I'd suggest the train.