Tampa Hotel

rnr4thatsme

For flying in the night before, I would suggest The Hampton, Holiday Inn Express and Chase Suites all on Rocky Point. They all offer an airport shuttle and are 5 min from the airport. They offer a good cruise pkg with breakfast and a roundtrip shuttle back to the airport after the cruise. That shuttle back is a $25 savings.....that's the taxi rate from the port back to TIA.

The LaQuinta Tampa Airport is an economical choice.......not fancy but clean and in a good area across from International Plaza, which has many good restaurant choices. The hotel is adjacent to a 24 hr IHOP if you arrive late. They have a shuttle to the port for a few $ per person.

As a local......stay away from the Stadium and Fairgrounds area. Just my personal opinion but kind of sketchy areas.

Sent from my VS880 using Forums mobile app

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

Did you take the shuttle to port or taxi? Seems like taxi is cheaper and can go earlier from HIX rocky point. My understanding shuttle is 10.00 a piece?

One time we had a car. Last time we took taxi. I can find out about shuttle price. I will be there this time tomorrow

• 2 weeks later...

We're staying at the Embassy Suites downtown. One word of advise please confirm parking (if needed) and TWO way pre cruise and post cruise shuttle is included. We found frequent ONE WAY transport was included with a lot of cruise pavksges...one would need to pay for return to hotel..

I live 30 minutes north and agree with previous poster FAIRGROUNDS and STADIUM areas can be iffy. With one exception..HARD ROCK. ..when I checked no cruise packages (parking OR shuttle provided)

I'm staying in town night before because of the north to south traffic...my vacation STARTS the night BEFORE the cruise...just call me spoiled. ..

We're staying at the Embassy Suites downtown. One word of advise please confirm parking (if needed) and TWO way pre cruise and post cruise shuttle is included. We found frequent ONE WAY transport was included with a lot of cruise pavksges...one would need to pay for return to hotel..

I live 30 minutes north and agree with previous poster FAIRGROUNDS and STADIUM areas can be iffy. With one exception..HARD ROCK. ..when I checked no cruise packages (parking OR shuttle provided)

I'm staying in town night before because of the north to south traffic...my vacation STARTS the night BEFORE the cruise...just call me spoiled. ..

With regard to pre or post cruise shuttle to the Embassy Suites, we have had occasion to use a taxi there recently, and it's a flat rate of $3 per person anywhere in the downtown area, which includes the cruise port. We found it was easier than waiting for a shuttle.