Ultimate Dining Package - Kids

Hi Everyone,

We're sailing on Anthem soon, and I think we might splurge on the Ultimate Dining Package. We have two kids under five. It looks like we are suppose to pay for all four of us at adult prices to book the package and then they give you a refund of OBC for the kids? Also, how does this work in the ala carte restaurants? Do the kids also get a food credit or do we just pay ala carte for them?

Does anyone have any experience with this or know how it works?

Hi Everyone,

We're sailing on Anthem soon, and I think we might splurge on the Ultimate Dining Package. We have two kids under five. It looks like we are suppose to pay for all four of us at adult prices to book the package and then they give you a refund of OBC for the kids? Also, how does this work in the ala carte restaurants? Do the kids also get a food credit or do we just pay ala carte for them?

Does anyone have any experience with this or know how it works?

You can just bring the kids with you. You don't have to purchase a package for them. They can eat off a kids menu in the specialty restaurant with you. Someone else will have to give you experience details. There was a 10$ fee per kid to eat off the kids menu in the specialty restaurant last time I looked. Someone else will have to confirm the price. On the RCI website it states 8$

My kids are older now and will eat off the adult menu (my youngest is now 10) so if they go with us we just pay full price for them.

From RCI -

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/search/processSearch.do?ip_server=prdiphrase-unstruct-new222.dmz.rccl.com:200&ip_text=specialty+menus

"Are children allowed to dine in our*SpecialtyRestaurants - Royal Caribbean InternationalPlus, kids ages 6-12 now dine at our*specialtyrestaurants for only $8, and kids 5 and under eat free! Little sailors get their very own*menu– a round-up of kid-friendly favorites from the "grownups"*menu. Reservations can be made online or onboard at the restaurant based on availability."

-Sean

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Do you really want to take 2 young children to a specialty restaurant?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Why wouldn't I? My infant and toddler are generally well-behaved. We take them to fine dining establishments on land with minimal issues. The toddler eats real food and enjoys most things that we adults enjoy. The infant is bf. And if either of them start to get fussy, my husband or I will take them out of the restaurant as to not disturb others like we would do in the main dining room or any restaurant.

I think it is great you are taking the little ones along to the specialty restaurants - making special vacation memories and educating their social experiences. In all honesty, when I see the (well behaved) little ones out with their families, it often makes my dining experience happier.

You can just bring the kids with you. You don't have to purchase a package for them. They can eat off a kids menu in the specialty restaurant with you. Someone else will have to give you experience details. There was a 10$ fee per kid to eat off the kids menu in the specialty restaurant last time I looked. Someone else will have to confirm the price. On the RCI website it states 8$

My kids are older now and will eat off the adult menu (my youngest is now 10) so if they go with us we just pay full price for them.

From RCI -

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/search/processSearch.do?ip_server=prdiphrase-unstruct-new222.dmz.rccl.com:200&ip_text=specialty+menus

"Are children allowed to dine in our*SpecialtyRestaurants - Royal Caribbean InternationalPlus, kids ages 6-12 now dine at our*specialtyrestaurants for only $8, and kids 5 and under eat free! Little sailors get their very own*menu– a round-up of kid-friendly favorites from the "grownups"*menu. Reservations can be made online or onboard at the restaurant based on availability."

-Sean

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

l

Thank you, Sean. I think they'll be free, but from what it sounds like, they might be limited to whatever the kids menu is. For some reason RCCL's website FAQs aren't loading for me. Thanks for your reply!