cost of transfer to Kobe, Japan

top of the world

We will be arriving at the Osaka-Kansai airport and we need to get to the ship terminal in Kobe, Japan. Do any of you know how much are the Princess transfers? Do you have a suggestion on another way to get from the airport to the cruise terminal? Taxis are $200 or more, so no, not a taxi! Thanks.

Rates for Princess transfers are on your Cruise Personalizer. You may also post on the Asia Port of Call board for suggestions on other transport options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have posted the same question on the Asia board, but did not get a reply yet.

On my cruise personalizer, under transfers, it says to contact my travel agent. I could ask her to find out from Princess, but I thought someone on this board may know the answer. Would I find the answer somewhere else beside where it says "transfers" in the travel arrangements? The shore excursions are not available yet, so I can't look there. They appear to have one at the end of the cruise where they do a tour and then take you to the airport. That would be good, but to first get to the ship I am wondering if it is worth looking into other options, or if the Princess price is reasonable.

You can check a previous thread on the subject, particularly Post #5

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1537187

You can also check this:

http://www.okkbus.co.jp/en/timetable/kix/t_kob.html

easyboy,

Thanks for the links. I read the posts in the cruise critic thread and looked at the other website. I saved them in my favorites and will look into it more carefully later.

Thanks for your help,

Lise

easyboy,

Thanks for the links. I read the posts in the cruise critic thread and looked at the other website. I saved them in my favorites and will look into it more carefully later.

Thanks for your help,

Lise

Hope it helps!

Hi,

I have been to Japan on land vacations.

The airport is quite far from Kobe!

I don't know if this land web site will be helpful to you as it is not just for cruisers.

https://japancheapo.com/travel/cheapest-way-kix-to-kyoto-osaka-kobe/

I'd go to the Trip Advisor Kobe forum and ask about it there.

They are great for knowing how to best get around.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g298562-i1604-Kobe_Hyogo_Prefecture_Kinki.html

Trip Advisor actually owns Cruise Critic so they are sister sites .One for cruising and one for land.

Kobe_Hyogo_Prefecture_Kinki.html

We will be arriving at the Osaka-Kansai airport and we need to get to the ship terminal in Kobe, Japan. Do any of you know how much are the Princess transfers? Do you have a suggestion on another way to get from the airport to the cruise terminal? Taxis are $200 or more, so no, not a taxi! Thanks.

Why not take the commuter train? It’s only around 40 miles/45 minutes.. Easy and inexpensive. $6. :)

Good luck. Enjoy.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Why not take the commuter train? It’s only around 40 miles/45 minutes.. Easy and inexpensive. $6. :)

Good luck. Enjoy.

Thanks for the suggestion, but are you sure that this is an option?

Does the commuter train go from the airport to the cruise port or do you have to take taxis or transfer to a different train?

I read that most trains are very crowded and that they really don't have room for large suitcases. There will be 4 of us with 4 large suitcases and 4 carry-on. That all takes quite a bit of space!