Serenity on Sunshine and Elation

BlueSky73

The Serenity Deck on Fantasy class ships is only a small part of one deck on the aft of the ship. The Serenity Decks (plural) on Sunshine cover 3 decks and each deck portion is just as large or larger than the one deck on the Fantasy Class.ships. I believe that even most negative critics of the Sunshine would agree that its' Serenity area is one of its' best features. The "waterfall" is a neat feature, and the variety of chairs, clam shells, hammocks, etc. is wonderful. Also, it has its' own bar and I believe some food items are available there also.

The one negative I have heard that might bother some people, is the location overlooking the main portion of the Lido Deck can cause parts of the Serenity Decks to have a little more noise than some other locations (like the Aft location on the Fantasy Class ships).

The Sunshine has one of the best Serenity decks across any Carnival ship....Compared to the Sunshine, the Elation has a very plain Serenity deck....Sunshine has 3 levels, I believe a pool and a waterfall where the Elation is just one deck, 2 hot tubs and lounge chairs. I spent most of my cruises on the Serenity Deck on the Elation. I love it, but no real bells and whistles. If you sail the Sunshine during prime time when the ship is full, you will go out on deck at 11 pm or so, and see people sleeping in the clam shells on the Serenity. I kind of thought they were just relaxing but it turns out, some people actually sleep out there the night before so they have a clamshell for the next day. Seems a bit ludicrous to me, but hey, to each their own I guess

The Sunshine has one of the best Serenity decks across any Carnival ship....Compared to the Sunshine, the Elation has a very plain Serenity deck....Sunshine has 3 levels, I believe a pool and a waterfall where the Elation is just one deck, 2 hot tubs and lounge chairs. I spent most of my cruises on the Serenity Deck on the Elation. I love it, but no real bells and whistles. If you sail the Sunshine during prime time when the ship is full, you will go out on deck at 11 pm or so, and see people sleeping in the clam shells on the Serenity. I kind of thought they were just relaxing but it turns out, some people actually sleep out there the night before so they have a clamshell for the next day. Seems a bit ludicrous to me, but hey, to each their own I guess

Not one of...... THE best. Nothing in the fleet compares. :)