Coco Cay Cabanas

Hello,

We are planning our second RCCL cruise, the 9 day Bermuda/Bahamas. We did the 5 day Bermuda tour, so we can manage without an excursion on that trip (already plotted out the beaches, etc.), but with the Bahamas stops (Nassau/Coco Cay), I'm looking for recommendations.

First off, we will have our 2 year old, so excursions are limited in that sense. My specific questions (though other recommendations are welcome) are about Coco Cay. I understand it's owned by RC, drink packages apply, all of that, but:

- what are the options if I DON'T book an excursion?

- if I book a cabana, I notice it's priced per person, so is it shared?

All other advice is welcome!

It's not priced per person. One person books it, up to 8 people I believe can use it. I know when you book it looks like you have to add and pay for everyone but that isn't the case.

As for not doing any excursions, with the 2 year old hanging out in a cabana by the beach might be your best bet. Also check out the beach bungalows, which are pretty similar and much cheaper.

It's not priced per person. One person books it, up to 8 people I believe can use it. I know when you book it looks like you have to add and pay for everyone but that isn't the case.

As for not doing any excursions, with the 2 year old hanging out in a cabana by the beach might be your best bet. Also check out the beach bungalows, which are pretty similar and much cheaper.

Hmm, when I put anything in my shopping cart (bungalow, bed, whatever) it totals out to whatever the price x number of adults. Edit: unless you meant i only need to check off myself.

Edited by magicbananas

CoCo Cay is a wonderful relaxing beach day. No need to book an excursion at all if you don't want to. It is probably my favorite port, there is so much to do without booking anything. Good snorkeling, hiking, shopping, napping.

• 1 year later...

Haha. I would have been allowed to. I actually chose the bungalow (which has a similar listed requirement), and it’s true you only have to have one person book, and there wasn’t an enforced minimum. However, RCCL made an error with their sailings (supposedly) and mid cruise scheduled two ships in the same port and gave away my excursion to someone else.

We ended up with the clamshell lounger.

Glad to know it is not enforced, as I am bringing my 2 year old. :) That really sucks about the mix up!

Haha. I would have been allowed to. I actually chose the bungalow (which has a similar listed requirement), and it’s true you only have to have one person book, and there wasn’t an enforced minimum. However, RCCL made an error with their sailings (supposedly) and mid cruise scheduled two ships in the same port and gave away my excursion to someone else.

We ended up with the clamshell lounger.