Car Parking Southampton

Transatlanticfan

Yes,used them last October. All very easy, put their supplied sticker in the window on the approach to the port, it was spotted by their staff who directed us to the correct place. No problems at all .

Are you sure you are not thinking of CPS Parking ? Your description is how they operate, but the one Transatlanticfan is asking about are around 20 minutes from the port.

If it is the same one you mean then I apologise.

I used CPS last time and was very impressed; as soon as they spot the thing you put in your windscreen they direct you to where you should be going. You almost drive on to the ship !!

And then when you get off you just walk across the road and away you go.

I've booked with them again this year ( although it came as part of the cruise package ) I would have done so anyway.

But, all of that does not answer the OP's question of course !

But, all of that does not answer the OP's question of course !

Well, in a roundabout sort of way it does. Translation: if the alternative company is charging 2p for a fortnight's parking, then it may be worth the additional inconvenience. However, CPS earn their dosh by giving a decent service, so if the difference is 2p then it's not worth it.

The members on this forum had a long and distinguished reputation for never answering the question, but replying to it anyway...

Mary:D

Well, in a roundabout sort of way it does. Translation: if the alternative company is charging 2p for a fortnight's parking, then it may be worth the additional inconvenience. However, CPS earn their dosh by giving a decent service, so if the difference is 2p then it's not worth it.

The members on this forum had a long and distinguished reputation for never answering the question, but replying to it anyway...

Mary:D

I think you'll find that's the case on all internet forums !!! The question is rarely answered :D

But, the difference looks to be around £5 a day. I think CPS are excellent so I'd go with them for the convenience and service but I can't comment on the other company.

We have used the alternative parking a couple of times - saves about £70 on a 14 night holiday if i recall correctly. Yes it is not quite as convenient as CPS but it is only about 20mins. by shuttle and the car park seems safe and secure. Would use again.

Has anybody used Alternative Cruise Parking at Southampton. There quote for 17 days parking in June seems very reasonable,

Chris and Pam

Yes. We used them a couple of years ago because we didn't know any better. Having now used CPS we don't feel that the cheaper price compensates for ease of transfer. Its ok on the journey to the port because the small mini-buses & luggage vans they use to transfer passengers to the ship are lining up to take you (i.e. not much waiting time). BUT, our experience of the return trip at the end of our cruise was not as satisfactory. Of course, everyone is arriving off the ship at the same time, so they tend to transfer people in large coaches/buses - and they don't leave until the bus is full. Our Coach was actually 30 mins late arriving at the Terminal to collect us. There was nobody organising the queue, and consequently when the coach arrived, those cheeky enough to walk round from the back of the queue weren't stopped from getting on. Not all of the baggage would fit in the hold, so we had people jumping on and off the coach to keep an eye on their luggage which for some, was split between two vehicles. In summary, the tension this created at the end of our wonderful cruise is something we will avoid like the plague in future. Oh yes, and once the coach returns you to the parking compound, you are left to trundle all your baggage through the car park looking for your car and hoping its not the one in the far corner - especially if its raining!!!:rolleyes:

you are left to trundle all your baggage through the car park looking for your car and hoping its not the one in the far corner - especially if its raining!!!:rolleyes:

That is also the case if you use CPS.

We've always used them. They are expensive but as others have said, they provide a good service.

Perhaps we look doddery and poor:eek:.

Mary

I am eagerly anticipating you ex-cat and former employer's assessment of that remark!

:D:D:D

J

PS - just to stay more or less on topic, we have often used CPS and have been very happy with their service. Only thing is, though, we've never actually had to pay for it!

Archived