Brisbane Cruise Ship Terminal

Skyrules

According to the Port of Brisbane website, Pacific Star will be arriving to, and departing from, Hamilton Cold Stores tomorrow. Hamilton Cold Stores is what the Cruise Terminal Wharf used to be called.

Will be interesting to see what's happening.

An investigative expediton is called for I think.

Kym

Great to hear the new terminal will ready for use.

No doubt ,as with all things new,there could a few teething problems,but I am sure it will all work out well.With the time difference from here I will try the bridge cam in the morning to see if I can catch her approaching the wharf and what can be seen of the new terminal.

Wouldn't it be great if they put a cam on the new terminal!!!!!!!!!!

pacific_star_hamilton.jpg.7b1860457744f500995eab66910a5b31.jpg

Pacific Star at Brisbane's new Cruise Passenger Terminal.......

Brisbane City is out of picture at the top top left hand corner of the picture. The ship is berthed facing up stream. Previously at Pinkenba the ships had faced downstream.

Heading out soon, hopefully to get some photo's of the area.

Kym

We just went in and saw the Star at the new Wharf. You can't get anywhere near the ship as it is all still a construction site. We were told that it would likely be leaving at 5pm. Apparently most of the issues related to loading the freight. These facilities are not quite ready yet. They were loading the last bus load of passengers while we were there. They bused them over from Roma Street. Apparently this will be the process for the next three cruises.

Hopefully Trevor will be able to tell us all about it...

Cheers,

Chaz:)

[on Suey's computer!!]

We just went in and saw the Star at the new Wharf. You can't get anywhere near the ship as it is all still a construction site. We were told that it would likely be leaving at 5pm. Apparently most of the issues related to loading the freight. These facilities are not quite ready yet. They were loading the last bus load of passengers while we were there. They bused them over from Roma Street. Apparently this will be the process for the next three cruises.

Hopefully Trevor will be able to tell us all about it...

Cheers,

[on Suey's computer!!]

What time were you ther Chaz?? We were there about lunch time. The first busloads of outgoing passengers were arriving.

I've got a couple of photo's that I'll put on my webshots page later, but they're aren't that good as there's still a lot of builidng going on down there. It was nice to be so close to the ship - we walked along the river up to close to the front of the ship - and it made us so jealous that we weren't getting on it.

When the facility is finished it's going to be so much of an improvement on the temporary facilities at Pinkenba.

Kym

What time were you ther Chaz??

Kym

Hi Kym,

We were there just before 3pm. What time did she actually leave? One thing we were impressed with is that the gang plank is almost level. Much better than the mountain we went up at Pinkenba!!

Cheers,

still at Sueys!!

Hi Kym,

We were there just before 3pm. What time did she actually leave? One thing we were impressed with is that the gang plank is almost level. Much better than the mountain we went up at Pinkenba!!

Cheers,

still at Sueys!!

The tide was out when were were there, so the ship was quite low in the water - if the tide was in it would probably almost be a level walk from the terminal to the ship.

Yes, it was a bit of a climb up the gang plank at Pinkenba wasn't it? When we were boarding Star in March, they got a poor lady in a wheelchair stuck on the gang plank, took quite awhile to get her unstuck and get everyone moving a again.

Kym

Thanks for the photos Kym.

It is all looking great. I like the level walk on from the terminal,and the funnel looks great as you approach.There nothing like seeing the ship ahead of you as you arrive for the cruise.It all adds to the excitement of the day.

250te84.jpg

Hey Suey! - We talked to you on Saturday (sometime around 3:30pm) at the new Cruise Terminal - We did not know who you were then - But we do now and we would just like to say Hello again and say it was nice to talk to you

Peter & Cheryl

Hey Suey! - We talked to you on Saturday (sometime around 3:30pm) at the new Cruise Terminal - We did not know who you were then - But we do now and we would just like to say Hello again and say it was nice to talk to you

Peter & Cheryl

Hi Peter and Cheryl,

I suppose I should have guessed you were CC people, I mean who but us fanatic CC people go to have a look at a ship just because it is berthed in a new port. I was the one in the car with the croaky voice (lost it completely by the end of the day) and Chaz was the one outside the car taking photos. As she was in Brissie for the weekend we just decided to go and have a look. It was great to meet you for our little chat.

Suey:)

Hi Suey & Chaz!

The wife and i were so excited to see the Pacific Star at the new Cruise Terminal on Saturday - the only thing that upset us was the news that we will still have to go to Roma Street and catch the Bus to the Cruise Terminal for our cruise on the 16th of September (we were hoping to just turn up at the Terminal and walk in) The cruise after ours will be able to do that - anyway it was great to see the Pacific Star - The new Cruise Terminal - Suey & Chaz and have Trevor Flashing at us from the back of the Ship all in one day - it was good to see some of the people behind the names on the CC boards

Peter & Cheryl

Why do local Brisbane people still have to go to Roma Street? From what I can see, the roads to the terminal are wide open and there is a place that sells fish next door.

The car parking facilities and drop off areas aren't completed yet and there's only very limited on street parking at the moment. The area certainly couldn't handle the amount of traffic created by lots of cars, taxi's etc dropping off passengers. Even the buses that were going in dropping off passengers weren't actually stopping outside the terminal they were parking off to the side.

Archived