What's the Sapphire Princess up to?

aggie78

Does anyone have the 411 on the Sapphire Princess for 2017? I do not see any cruises until November 2017 and onward. Has she been leased out by Princess in Asia? Last refurbishment was in 2012. Would you have reservations booking this ship in 2018 with no dry dock scheduled other than maintenance.

Does anyone have the 411 on the Sapphire Princess for 2017? I do not see any cruises until November 2017 and onward. Has she been leased out by Princess in Asia? Last refurbishment was in 2012. Would you have reservations booking this ship in 2018 with no dry dock scheduled other than maintenance.

At this point, she normally is chartered in Asia. She'll be moving to Europe for a season after her next drydock which will be in March of 2018.

We're sailing the Sapphire for 2 weeks in June 2018 to Norway after the March 2018 drydock.

The Caribbean's recent $8.2 million 2 week drydock was much more than maintenance. I haven't read anything about what will be done during the Sapphire's 2 week Shanghai drydock but we have absolutely no reservations about sailing on the Sapphire again.

We're sailing the Sapphire for 2 weeks in June 2018 to Norway after the March 2018 drydock.

The Caribbean's recent $8.2 million 2 week drydock was much more than maintenance. I haven't read anything about what will be done during the Sapphire's 2 week Shanghai drydock but we have absolutely no reservations about sailing on the Sapphire again.

With you Frank. We are sailing the Sapphire 10/18 and can't imagine anything that would keep us from sailing her.

Sapphire Princess completes her Chinese charter at Hong Kong on 13th Nov. 2017.

Departing Hong Kong for Singapore on the same day & works out of Singapore until 28th March 2018 when she leaves on 28 day cruise to Rome / 38 day cruise to Southampton UK.

Based in Southampton over 2018 northern summer & departs for similar 10 days to Rome / 38 days to Singapore on 21st October 2018. Then based in Singapore over southern summer.

There is no Shanghai drydock. The drydock will happen in Singapore - usually at Sembawang - between 14th & 28th March 2018.

Sapphire Princess completes her Chinese charter at Hong Kong on 13th Nov. 2017.

Departing Hong Kong for Singapore on the same day & works out of Singapore until 28th March 2018 when she leaves on 28 day cruise to Rome / 38 day cruise to Southampton UK.

Based in Southampton over 2018 northern summer & departs for similar 10 days to Rome / 38 days to Singapore on 21st October 2018. Then based in Singapore over southern summer.

There is no Shanghai drydock. The drydock will happen in Singapore - usually at Sembawang - between 14th & 28th March 2018.

Thanks...I based my information on this unofficial but generally accurate website that the Sapphire's drydock is scheduled for March 14-27, 2018 in Shanghai.

https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/fleet-drydock-schedule

But based on your information that's incorrect for the Sapphire in 2018. The site shows that the 13 day drydock in March 2015 was done in Singapore.

• 4 months later...
Totally off the subject, but can anyone explain when looking at

Sapphire's deck plan, what does the black band opposite the windows on cabins C102 - C105 represent?

I suspect it indicates balcony not usable while underway due to wind, but that is just a guess

The dark areas foreward of the 5 front facing premier ocean-view cabins on decks B & C are covered balconies.

Unlike ordinary balcony cabins the doors are locked at sea & can only be used in port. They have no furniture.

Had one on Diamond Princess from Australia to China & have booked another on Sapphire for 50 days next year.

These are good value cabins as they are the size of a balcony & bed is the same layout. Not for those who think there is too much motion up the front.