Bringing soda on Anthem of the Seas

antsnanny

Last time I sailed on the Anthem people I met brought a case of soda onboard so I was wondering if RCCL changed their policy? I can get a few cans a day at the Diamond Lounge instead of having a drink there but its just much more convenient to have some in my cabin. Anyone brought soda or water on recently? If so, do you put a luggage tag on the case or do you pack it in a carry on?

Last time I sailed on the Anthem people I met brought a case of soda onboard so I was wondering if RCCL changed their policy? I can get a few cans a day at the Diamond Lounge instead of having a drink there but its just much more convenient to have some in my cabin. Anyone brought soda or water on recently? If so, do you put a luggage tag on the case or do you pack it in a carry on?

Policy changed on Sep 1. You can now carry on up to 12 containers of soft drinks, each no more than 17oz.

I am so happy to see this as I just love having a Pepsi sometimes for breakfast since I don't drink coffee. Did they change anything about bringing water on? When I sailed on Carnival it was only $1-2 each for a 6 pack of water Anthem wants $39 that is ridiculous and I don't drink tap water.

I am so happy to see this as I just love having a Pepsi sometimes for breakfast since I don't drink coffee. Did they change anything about bringing water on? When I sailed on Carnival it was only $1-2 each for a 6 pack of water Anthem wants $39 that is ridiculous and I don't drink tap water.

12 bottles.

Soda or water.

No larger than 17 oz each.

Must be carried on with you.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone tried to bring soda in checked bags lately?  I know it's against their new policy, just wondering if it's randomly enforced like other policies.  We always get the drink package but I miss my Fresca.   But not sure I miss it enough to schlep it around for a couple hours when we get onboard.

100s of soda choices in that machine and they can't add Fresca?  Oh the horror.  😄 

Edited by cindivan

• 1 month later...
Just now, Suemsis said:

If I bring a few bottles of soda onboard......can I pour one into my yeti and bring it in to dinner?  I

don't drink soda often but like one on occasion.  

Pour into your cup or not, they don't care what drinks / containers you bring to dinner.

8 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Pour into your cup or not, they don't care what drinks / containers you bring to dinner.

i once took a carved coconut monkey to the MDR full of straight tequila. I had obviously already had a few

14 minutes ago, grinningimm said:

Can you bring more on at ports?  We are on a TA in a few months, and 12 bottles will last us to the Canaries, but not for the remaining 7 days.

Against the rules to bring on more beverages at intermediate ports.  Your experience may vary.