MSC Confusion

moonvine

Hi yall

I have not been on a cruise in way too long, and finally have a friend to cruise with instead of going on my own.

I have never been able to find anyone to cruise with and now my best friend says she will come with me. Yay.

I don't want to turn her off to cruising though! Is MSC a good choice? We are pretty quiet and I don't think either of us cares about things like hairy chest contests.

We are 2 single ladies, 48 and 53.

I am totally hooked by the idea of being able to actually afford a balcony which I never could before.

Also it looks like the Divina isn't sailing out of Miami in the summer...what's up with that?

Hi yall

I have not been on a cruise in way too long, and finally have a friend to cruise with instead of going on my own.

I have never been able to find anyone to cruise with and now my best friend says she will come with me. Yay.

I don't want to turn her off to cruising though! Is MSC a good choice? We are pretty quiet and I don't think either of us cares about things like hairy chest contests.

I am totally hooked by the idea of being able to actually afford a balcony which I never could before.

Also it looks like the Divina isn't sailing out of Miami in the summer...what's up with that?

I'm in you rage bracket and am female And am fairly reserved - certainly not the party animal type. I really enjoy MSC but then I love the way of life in Italy and Spain and MSC has a lot of that ambience.

As for where the Divina will be in the summer, she'll be back here in Europe and I'll be sailing on here from Napoli! Can't wait!

I'm in you rage bracket and am female And am fairly reserved - certainly not the party animal type. I really enjoy MSC but then I love the way of life in Italy and Spain and MSC has a lot of that ambience.

As for where the Divina will be in the summer, she'll be back here in Europe and I'll be sailing on here from Napoli! Can't wait!

AmoMondo....."Rage" Bracket, that's pretty funny, :) I've been a "raging" female myself on a few occasions! :)

Hi Moonvine

My husband and I are the same age as you. We love MSC and haven't sailed with anyone else yet. I find most people on their cruises to be the laid back type. My husband (an introvert) always finds someone quiet that suits him. I wander and keep myself busy. We don't drink a lot. We love the family atmosphere on MSC - we cruise outside of school holidays so we don't encounter the kids running around thing that you hear about. I think you'll be happy with your choice if you book MSC.

:)

I have never cruised with MSC so was unable to help with the following query from a neighbour who is sailing from Southampton shortly..So I came to the experts .....Apparently he has received only 2 MSC luggage labels from his TA, (with the instruction not to photocopy) the family will have 4 pieces of luggage.I understand extra labels can be obtained at the dock, who will provide the extra labels and where can they be obtained. Will this slow down the embarkation process...Many thanks.

I have never cruised with MSC so was unable to help with the following query from a neighbour who is sailing from Southampton shortly..So I came to the experts .....Apparently he has received only 2 MSC luggage labels from his TA, (with the instruction not to photocopy) the family will have 4 pieces of luggage.I understand extra labels can be obtained at the dock, who will provide the extra labels and where can they be obtained. Will this slow down the embarkation process...Many thanks.

The extra labels will be provided by the porters who you leave your luggage with. They are incredibly efficient to the point where you'd wonder "How did they print that label and get it attached so quickly?" Having experienced it myself, I'm still at a loss - I suppose they're so well practised and, also, they have to keep things moving on the dockside or else it would become incredibly congested.

So, your neighbour needn't worry - it certainly won't (or at least shouldn't) delay embarkation.

Hi yall

Our opinion after over 20 years cruising, is the Divina is the 'best bang for your travel buck' in the Caribbean right now!

Great balcony prices on a beautiful ship, many drink pkges. that are low priced, and European service that 'isn't' pushy, in your face trying to get you to buy, buy, buy! You'll also notice there are far fewer loud speaker announcements during the day!

Food and shows are subjective, but we found them to be of high quality easily exceeding our expectations after the low price we paid!

The Divina offers 2 different cruises to chose from, an Eastern cruise to San Juan, St. Martin, and Great Stir. Cay, and a Western cruise to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Great Stir. Cay!

The Divina for the next couple years will winter in the Caribbean, and Summer in the Med., as previous MSC ships have done!

Wharever your decision, enjoy!

Well, I love MSC, but disagree about "is not pushy" after sailing on Divina and Poesia. They set up tables with items right by the pool. Numerous tables.

I agree with that, we didn't see that on the Poesia a few yrs. ago. But they are not pushy with the drinks.

Well, I love MSC, but disagree about "is not pushy" after sailing on Divina and Poesia. They set up tables with items right by the pool. Numerous tables.

Will disagree with you, the other cruise lines have far more announcements over their intercoms all promoting something for you to spend money on, and you will be bothered approx. every 3 mins. on the pool deck if you want a drink, not on the Divina!

Also no one is demanding, pushy as you put it, to buy something from tables of items set up to browse through! You could just walk by, and no one would say anything on the Divina cause they aren't pushy!:eek:

Will disagree with you, the other cruise lines have far more announcements over their intercoms all promoting something for you to spend money on, and you will be bothered approx. every 3 mins. on the pool deck if you want a drink, not on the Divina!

Also no one is demanding, pushy as you put it, to buy something from tables of items set up to browse through! You could just walk by, and no one would say anything on the Divina cause they aren't pushy!:eek:

Completely agree American!! We walked by the tables that were setup near the AquaPark and no one said a word to us. If we had a question,,then the attendant would answer, but never were we given a hard sell for anything.:)

I sailed with all lines except Costa, and don't remember being bothered every three minutes on any lines. I think it is a huge exagurration(sp).

The extra labels will be provided by the porters who you leave your luggage with. They are incredibly efficient to the point where you'd wonder "How did they print that label and get it attached so quickly?" Having experienced it myself, I'm still at a loss - I suppose they're so well practised and, also, they have to keep things moving on the dockside or else it would become incredibly congested.

So, your neighbour needn't worry - it certainly won't (or at least shouldn't) delay embarkation.

Thank you so much Beamafar, will pass on the information in the morning...