celebrity solstice

The Fox

Hi, we just booked a cruise on solstice. Really looking forward to it.

We booked verandah cabin on deck 9.It includes all drinks OBC &gratuities..... A good deal....nice to have something to look forward to in 2015.Anyone sailed conceiege class on ?Your views would be appreciated.

Cheers

Col

I was considering concierge for an Alaskan cruise. The concierge in $500 more than the verandah. We don't drink much so I'm not sure whether the upgrade is worth it. We still get one of the 123go promotions with the verandah.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by cruisine21

We booked verandah cabin on deck 9.It includes all drinks OBC &gratuities..... A good deal....nice to have something to look forward to in 2015.Anyone sailed conceiege class on ?Your views would be appreciated.

Cheers

Col

Hi Col pretty sure you will love the Solstice we spent 17 nights on it earlier this year and loved it . We had a C3 balcony midships on deck 10 which was great , we did get this concierge cabin at a good price but if it was any dearer than a standard balcony cabin I would not pay for it ,cabins are the same size the only difference is basically is the afternoon nibble tray in concierge and a bottle of bubbly.

But once again cabins are nice and the Solstice is a gem enjoy:)

I am not a big ship fan however we were on the Solstice early 2014.

Pleasantly surprised by the flow of people and the lack of crowds.

The only times it was a bit busy was at the end of shows and disembarking. This was no problem.

We loved the ship and would cruise on her again.

We were Aqua class but it is the same as your cruise except for minor details.

Did a 14 night NZ cruise on Solstice in Jan14 and it was great. We had a C2 cabin and really enjoyed it. There were some great guest entertainers and some of the entertainers in the various lounges and bars were also good. Some areas are showing wear (eg the passport bar) but all in all a great ship. We had a predominantly Australian cruise/activities team as well which was interesting. Friendly staff though we found that the ships officers were not terribly visible. Loved the self opening doors on all the public restrooms as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was considering concierge for an Alaskan cruise. The concierge in $500 more than the verandah. We don't drink much so I'm not sure whether the upgrade is worth it. We still get one of the 123go promotions with the verandah.

Agree with chester. If you're not seeing the value in the offer, it's probably not worth it to you. There isn't a huge difference between the veranda and concierge; it's just details. (Personally, I still often go for Concierge, but that's just my preference/value equation.)

With Celebrity, they effectively include the extras in the pricing to encourage you to upgrade. If the extras aren't worth it to you though, the sensible decision is to leave them.

Note the promotion finishes in a week. If it's not continued, when they reprice after that, the concierge differential may go down. Depends when you want to book and availability of course. Just mention that in case you e.g. preferred location, but didn't see the value in the drinks package so were willing to wait to see if it goes down in price without the drinks package.

Edited by The_Big_M

Note the promotion finishes in a week. If it's not continued, when they reprice after that, the concierge differential may go down. Depends when you want to book and availability of course. Just mention that in case you e.g. preferred location, but didn't see the value in the drinks package so were willing to wait to see if it goes down in price without the drinks package.

Are you sure about the date? The terms and conditions say Celebrity 123Go promotion is applicable to new bookings made between 30 November 2014 - 28 February 2015.

We did a concierge guarantee recently only because it was the same price as a balcony guarantee. The bathrobes are thicker, the towels are thicker. You can get canapés if you are in your room around 4 in the arvo. It seemed like about a serve for one though each day, and sometimes it was things like melon balls and soggy crackers with dips. 3 apples in the room, that you can easily get in the other food areas.

A foot stool with your balcony chair. That was nice.

Struggling to think of anything else, and you need to add up with the current sale whether the extra cost covers the extra perks. That is a personal thing depending on your idea of the value of the perks.

Are you sure about the date? The terms and conditions say Celebrity 123Go promotion is applicable to new bookings made between 30 November 2014 - 28 February 2015.

I was referring to the combination offer, which appears to be what the fox is referring to. It expires Jan 4.

Edited by The_Big_M

According to the website the 123 and all inclusive expires 28 Feb for us. See link. I believe it expires 5 Jan in US

http://www.celebritycruises.com.au/content/en_AU/celebrity_123_go_sale.html?tab=terms_and_conditions/content/en_AU/limited_time_offers/celebrity_123_go_sale_terms.html

Edited by Pean

IMHO concierge is not worth the extra dollars than a 2B balcony, the perks are not that great for me. I would only go Concierge if price was the same or cheaper than the standard 2B balcony. If they were having the extra perks with the promo, then the extra money for concierge must be equivalent or cheaper than if buying the gratuities or getting OBC on top (i.e around $150 extra).:D

We sailed on the Solstice Dec 2013 in Concierge class.

It was excellent.

About the beverage package that was included: We found it to be a good deal although we are not big drinkers, either.

We do enjoy the Hair of the Dog occasionally, but the bottled water that was included was great.

Although the drinking water on board is ok, it makes us swell up a bit.

Therefore, we prefer the bottled water.

Cheers

Col

We have also taken advantage of the current 123go Promo. Booked Concierge (deck 9) for the first time and received all three Promos. Did our sums as follows ...... Book Balcony and receive one Promo (Drinks - worth approx $900). Book Concierge and receive all three Promos - In addition to the Drinks Promo, the extra two Promos, being Gratuities $216 and $300 OBC equates to approx. $500+. Our Concierge cabin compared to Balcony cabin was an extra $300, so still approx. $200+ ahead.

Agree that the normal "extras" with Concierge (canapes, bubbly, tote bag etc) would not normally entice us to book Concierge but given the special 123go Promo and receiving all three in the Promo, it was a no-brainer and we have $200+ to spend on board. Shouldn't find that too hard to accomplish.

We sailed Solstice in November 2013 for the first time and absolutely fell in love with this wonderful ship. Can't wait for our return visit this coming November 26. Already booked for a return to Tuscan Grill and might even try Murano this time (Lobster cooked at your table looks very special).

We have also taken advantage of the current 123go Promo. Booked Concierge (deck 9) for the first time and received all three Promos. Did our sums as follows ...... Book Balcony and receive one Promo (Drinks - worth approx $900). Book Concierge and receive all three Promos - In addition to the Drinks Promo' date=' the extra two Promos, being Gratuities $216 and $300 OBC equates to approx. $500+. Our Concierge cabin compared to Balcony cabin was an extra $300, so still approx. $200+ ahead.

Agree that the normal "extras" with Concierge (canapes, bubbly, tote bag etc) would not normally entice us to book Concierge but given the special 123go Promo and receiving all three in the Promo, it was a no-brainer and we have $200+ to spend on board. Shouldn't find that too hard to accomplish.

We sailed Solstice in November 2013 for the first time and absolutely fell in love with this wonderful ship. Can't wait for our return visit this coming November 26. Already booked for a return to Tuscan Grill and might even try Murano this time (Lobster cooked at your table looks very special).[/quote']

Well done on your deal, that is exactly how I look at it. It can sometimes be worth the little extra to get more benfits although some people do not realise that while the Grats and bev packages are per person, the OBC is per cabin.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

We sailed on the Solstice Dec 2013 in Concierge class.

It was excellent.

About the beverage package that was included: We found it to be a good deal although we are not big drinkers, either.

We do enjoy the Hair of the Dog occasionally, but the bottled water that was included was great.

Although the drinking water on board is ok, it makes us swell up a bit.

Therefore, we prefer the bottled water.

I think you mean Aqua class.

Concierge doesn't come with bottled water, whereas AQ does.

Hi, we just booked a cruise on solstice. Really looking forward to it. We booked verandah cabin on deck 9.It includes all drinks OBC &gratuities..... A good deal....nice to have something to look forward to in 2015.Anyone sailed conceiege class on ?Your views would be appreciated. Cheers Col

Good luck for your upcoming "adventure" on the wonderful Solstice. As noted in the live/blog below, we got off of the Solstice in February. Really super enjoyed Australia and this ship.

As noted by others a concierge cabin has some modest advantages, but the really big step up would be with doing Aqua. Your cruise has lots of sea days and hopefully Celebrity will have some good speaker/entertainment options, etc., to help occupy that time while sail the south seas.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 90,940 views for this posting.

I sailed in a guarantee Concierge Class. The cabin was lovely & in a convenient position (although noisy as it was on the pool deck). But not sure it's worth a lot of extra money compared to a regular balcony.

The big advantage to me was the Express Check-in. That was well worth it. I avoided a HUGE queue on a boiling hot day and was on board in 15mins.

I sailed in a guarantee Concierge Class. The cabin was lovely & in a convenient position (although noisy as it was on the pool deck). But not sure it's worth a lot of extra money compared to a regular balcony.

The big advantage to me was the Express Check-in. That was well worth it. I avoided a HUGE queue on a boiling hot day and was on board in 15mins.

The priority boarding and tendering is a nice perk but quite often doesn't have use for me any way.:D

Certainly one of the more 'significant' benefits - relatively speaking!

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers

Col

Fantastic cruise, my partner and I are also booked on this one! There's a roll call going if you haven't seen it yet.

What are your thoughts on the two Fiji ports? We've been to Fiji before on a land trip and being both T Agents we know a bit about Fiji but we're stumped on what to do and if independent exploring is a realistic option or if we will just waste our day by winging it. Maybe a ship excursion is the way to go?

I booked a balcony with the BEV123GO for a balcony for Alaska. Someone on the Roll call said they were upgraded from the beverage package to All inclusive. I phoned Celebrity and was told 123GO inclusive is available for verandah cabins for Europe and Alaska cruises for the US and Canadian site.

I'm now wondering if I should cancel and rebook on the US site. Does anyone know how long it takes to get a refund?

Edited by cruisine21