Where can the Prinsendam dock in St. Petersburg??

GeneBK

I know there are two docks near St. Petersburg city center available to "small" ships. If the ship is too large, or if these docks are occupied, all other ships dock at the major cruise ship terminal complex out of town.

In recent years, has the Prinsendam sometimes docked near the city center, or always at the terminal complex out of town?

Thanks!

I know there are two docks near St. Petersburg city center available to "small" ships. If the ship is too large, or if these docks are occupied, all other ships dock at the major cruise ship terminal complex out of town.

In recent years, has the Prinsendam sometimes docked near the city center, or always at the terminal complex out of town?

Thanks!

My cruise there is not recent enough to be of help, I don't think but....

Where you dock makes little difference in St. Petersburg unless you are applying for your own Russia Visa.

Assuming you are not, you will either need to be on a HAL shore excursions or private tour with the arrangements are made. You can't be on your own in Russia without an individual visa. You must be on a tour - and they always have transportation arranged ;)

Indeed. We've been in St. Petersburg before. We have arranged a private guide for both days we are in port on our upcoming visit..

I'm just trying to figure the hours of the day, and transportation time from ship to destinations is very different, depending on where we're starting!

If your goal is to see Russia you are better off docking at the more remote site and traveling across the city itself, instead of docking right in the heart of the buffed-up tourist Russia. I have been visiting St Petersburg since the 1970s' -the transformation of 'Leningrad" has been remarkable.

The comments are appreciated, but I'm still hoping someone can answer the question asked---where does the Prinsendam dock in St. Petersburg??

No one here can answer that - these are determined often at the last minute by the port authorities, plus depending on who else might be in port that same day. I have seen them change from the night before reports to the actually docking someplace else the next morning.

We have even had the re-embarkation dock change from the disembarkation dock due to weather, winds, tides, passenger delays, and drifting sand bars, as well as limitations of local port facilities. That can cause a real mess on the ground.

If you are making private arrangements, these agents are very tuned into knowing where in fact the ship will finally arrive that day. That is their business, and we have seen them respond appropriately to these changes accordingly.

Just as an aside, we were on a private walking tour that offered "hotel pickups" in Maderia and made the connection to the main tour agency departure spot where we met up with the other tour customers.

When it was time to come back after our wonderful day-long hike, the bus dropped people off at their various hotels. When it was our turn, our fellow walking tour customers all let out a big cheer when they realized our "hotel" was in fact the Maasdam looming over them in the downtown dock.

Contrary to what some have suggested, it seems ships porting in St. Petersburg are scheduled in advance and I have never noted complaints on the Baltics boards of ships being changed at the last minute.

I can't help with past sailings, but it looks like Prinsendam only has two calls in St. Petersburg in 2018, in June and August (unless I missed one). She is scheduled to dock at the large facility, Marine Facade, both times.

See schedule here: https://www.portspb.ru/en/Ships_Schedule

Many thanks, cruisemom42!!

Not the result I was hoping for, but exactly the answer to the question I asked. Your response was concise, and right to the point. The link to the port website was especially helpful.

Of course, nothing is guaranteed, but it is helpful to know what is scheduled and probable.

Thanks!

Many thanks, cruisemom42!!

Not the result I was hoping for, but exactly the answer to the question I asked. Your response was concise, and right to the point. The link to the port website was especially helpful.

Of course, nothing is guaranteed, but it is helpful to know what is scheduled and probable.

Thanks!

It did appear reading through the lines you were hoping for the closer docking with the smaller Prinsendam. That is the option no one here could give you any prior assurances you would get. In so many words.