Which 2 bedroom family villa- Haven on Getaway

wdjpvaz

Looking at a March 2019 Caribbean cruise. We have choice of many H4 cabins on 15 and 16. Any advice on which one is best? Bigger balcony? We prefer a quiet location.

Thanks

We were in 16112 and it was wonderful. Pics in this link https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/. I would agree with statement that closer to forward is quieter. I have also liked the Haven rooms where you are right across from the pool deck door- quick access :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks- we moved to starboard side further forward of 16! When you say bigger/quieter is there a size difference in the H4 category among rooms??

Yes. The very front are about 2’ wider. When you have 4 adult every extra foot counts. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes. The very front are about 2’ wider. When you have 4 adult every extra foot counts. Lol.

Thanks so much I totally agree with what you’re saying. In this size cabin 2 feet would make a huge difference! So we chose 16706 on starboard side - Do you think that is one of the ones with the extra 2 feet or so?

Finally got to deck plans. It doesn’t look like any 2 bedroom on front of getaway. Too bad. We’ve been in 16001 3 times already and LOVE it.

Sorry- I am confused, I am talking about Getaway. I don't even see a cabin 16001 on deck plan??

We've stayed in 16706 a few years back. My son & I didn't mind it, but my wife and daughter (mostly daughter) are prone to motion sickness, and when we hit some rough seas, they were in bad shape. I thought it was fun... bonus - free roller coaster ride. :D

After that cruise, we've choosen H4 rooms as far aft back as possible, both on the Epic and Getaway, and we've been happy with them. So keep in mind the motion aspect if you have anyone prone to motion sickness!

Currently in Haven Penthouse 16710. The Haven sun deck is overhead and we have had NO noise at all. We also have the steps to the sundeck and a door out into the Courtyard literally outside our front door. I would suggest 16708 or 16706 just forward of us. This is a perfect location.

BTW, our room steward, Emmanuel, has been exceptional! He is as good or better than the butlers.

I know. I thought all the bigger ships had the 2 bedroom on the front of the ship. We’ve been in the same one on epic 3 times. I’m sorry if I confused you. The epic is unique in many ways. Try her sometime. We’ve also been in the haven on getaway. Any trip in the haven is always pleasant. Enjoy your cruise.

I know. I thought all the bigger ships had the 2 bedroom on the front of the ship. We’ve been in the same one on epic 3 times. I’m sorry if I confused you. The epic is unique in many ways. Try her sometime. We’ve also been in the haven on getaway. Any trip in the haven is always pleasant. Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you

Hey everyone do you think 16706 is a good one for views on the Starboard side? Just wondering on the western Caribbean itinerary which side of ship is best? Thanks all!

We are starboard side and the views have been great. Today was the only day we had a ship on our side at the port, but it was MSC Armonia, a much smaller ship, so it did not block our view of Cozumel at all.

• 4 months later...

A couple more questions on the H4 category on Getaway:

-On the pictures and videos I have seen it doesn't look like there is a door for the master bedroom (between MBR and living room)??  Is it a sliding door and does it lock?

- What brand of toiletries should we expect in this cabin on Getaway?  Bulgari ?

Thanks!

56 minutes ago, wdjpvaz said:

A couple more questions on the H4 category on Getaway:

-On the pictures and videos I have seen it doesn't look like there is a door for the master bedroom (between MBR and living room)??  Is it a sliding door and does it lock?

- What brand of toiletries should we expect in this cabin on Getaway?  Bulgari ?

Thanks!

Bulgari, yes.

Yes there is a sliding door that latches on the master bedroom.   https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/#Master_Bedroom.  I called it out in the master bedroom review.  Latch it tho as If there is ship movement, it will slide back-and-forth all night! Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with

1 hour ago, GoTravelLife said:

Yes there is a sliding door that latches on the master bedroom.   https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/#Master_Bedroom.  I called it out in the master bedroom review.  Latch it tho as If there is ship movement, it will slide back-and-forth all night! Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with

Thanks-  does "being latched" mean it is locked from the outside?  Just in case someone is dressing - want to keep kids out?

4 hours ago, wdjpvaz said:

Thanks-  does "being latched" mean it is locked from the outside?  Just in case someone is dressing - want to keep kids out?

if I recall correctly; I do believe you can open it from both sides of the door, so it’s not like a ‘lock’ but it does shut securely.