Could not Board Fascination in Jacksonville Today. Any hope?

s7r2

Thanks for taking a look at this thread. Thanks to a bone-head move of leaving my travel docs at home I was unable to board the ship out of Jacksonville today. We were taking my daughter on a cruise to celebrate her 16th birthday. Rushed out of the house with everything but the most important thing I needed (birth certificate). My daughter was upset that I could not go but after explaining that I made a mistake I was finally able to talk them both into getting onboard. I was hopeful that I would be able to meet the ship somewhere if I could afford the flight but I have not been successful between the time it took me to leave port and arrive home. Hopeful that someone has info or a contact that can help. I've been blessed to never have a need for insurance in all my years of cruising with carnival. It would have been nice to have it but I don't even think it would have covered my bone-head move. In any case if there is some info that would be helpful I am all ears. The ship is arriving in the Bahamas on Wednesday, January 22. I am trying to be there is there is any way. Thanks in advance for your help and time.

You have a passport?

If not,,, enjoy your time at home.

If so, call Carnival, let them know the situation. You can't just jump on a plane and show up at the pier in the Bahamas. They have to know in advance.

Yikes. Sorry to hear what happened. Is the first port of call Nassau or Freeport?If so, look for airfare from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale as this will be cheaper than trying to get airfare from Jacksonville. Then rent a car. This of course assuming that you have a passport. Otherwise you can't fly.

There's really not much more you can do at this point in time. Once again, very sorry to hear about what happened to you.

Edited by Tapi

If you ave passport

Bahamassair and Delta out of Orlando are 109 dollars on January 22. The airport is 120 miles from Jacksonville, I do not know where you live.

To fly out of Jacksonville or Daytona is 205 on Delta and several other airlines.

Check the travel websites!!!

BUT DO IT NOW!!!

good luck!!!

Nora

Edited by DrNora

This looks not -so-good-

Need to show a round trip ticket??

http://www.uspassporthelpguide.com/passport-requirements-for-bahamas-vacation/

Traveling to the Bahamas by Air

Americans traveling abroad or internationally need a valid United States issued passport. A U.S. passport allows Americans to travel to any world of the world, legally. This includes travels to the Caribbean, Mexico, Canada and the Bahamas.

United States citizens need to present a valid United States passport to enter and exit the Bahamas, when they are traveling by air. The Bahamian regulations clearly stipulate that passengers traveling by air must present a round trip ticket. Citizens without a round trip ticket could be denied entry into the Bahamas.

The Bahamian regulations clearly stipulate that passengers traveling by air must present a round trip ticket. Citizens without a round trip ticket could be denied entry into the Bahamas.

Passage on a cruise ship out of the Bahamas will suffice. That, along with the one way airfare into the Bahamas will meet the roundtrip requirement.

You can only meet the ship in the Bahamas if you have a passport. It is needed to fly internationally.

I am getting it updated at the same day office here in Atlanta. Hoping ill have it in hand tomorrow. Thanks.

Yikes. Sorry to hear what happened. Is the first port of call Nassau or Freeport?If so, look for airfare from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale as this will be cheaper than trying to get airfare from Jacksonville. Then rent a car. This of course assuming that you have a passport. Otherwise you can't fly.

There's really not much more you can do at this point in time. Once again, very sorry to hear about what happened to you.

I am getting it updated at the same day office here in Atlanta. Hoping ill have it in hand tomorrow. Thanks so much for your reply

If you ave passport

Bahamassair and Delta out of Orlando are 109 dollars on January 22. The airport is 120 miles from Jacksonville, I do not know where you live.

To fly out of Jacksonville or Daytona is 205 on Delta and several other airlines.

Check the travel websites!!!

BUT DO IT NOW!!!

good luck!!!

Nora

thank you so much. hoping to get passport in hand at the same day office here in Atlanta tomorrow then drive back to Jacksonville tomorrow evening if things pan out

Passage on a cruise ship out of the Bahamas will suffice. That, along with the one way airfare into the Bahamas will meet the roundtrip requirement.

great info. I appreciate it. now I have to work on getting carnival and homeland security on my team.

Call Carnival. Perhaps a PVP can connect you with someone in their Fly Aweigh department who can arrange airfare for you as you do have a booking with Carnival. You will still need a passport though.

thanks for the suggestion. Ill work that angle first thing in the morning.

I agree with other posters, if no passport, then unfortunately no options are available at this point. Sorry to hear this happened.

thanks. I can only thank myself for this one. too bad my foot isn't long enough to kick myself as I definitely would, repeatedly.

Although it's a bummer what happened, on the plus side is apparently you drove to the port so you could get back home that way and tend to this with the possibility of still joining the family.

At what point did you realize you didn't have your docs? I absolutely am paranoid that I almost hop in the car with docs in hand, Gotta SEE them over and over.