Best nights of cruise for specialty dining

We are on a 4-night cruise and anticipate being on the ship each evening for dinner. I was only going to get a 2-night specialty dining package, but it is only $12 each to add a third night, so now I'm leaning to 3 nights.

Are there pros and cons to specialty dining on first and last nights? Would we miss anything "special" by doing specialty dining the first night- and with a 5:00 pm sailaway time, what would be the earliest you would want to book in specialty dining on departure night?

Yikes- the only specialty with reservations available on the final night (also our 20th anniversary) is Il Adagio, which is one I wasn't really planning on trying given my father-in-law cooks us amazing Italian food regularly.

We leave in 19 days, so I guess I now know these reservations should be made sooner!

We were, also, told to just go to the restaurant and ask if they could get us in. The woman at reservations told us to do that when we were on the ship and there was nothing open. It worked for us! I think I'll try that on our upcoming cruise in Sept. I did make reservations, but, I'm not thrilled with the times. I figured that we'll just show up and if they could get us in, great, if not, we'll wait until our time!

beeline to restaurant rezzies as soon as you board. you will be abel to get your preferred restauant and time.

we like to dine at specialties on Sea Days. gives us somethign to look forward to, and quite often on port days we end up lunching really late (2 or 3pm) as we refuse to pay for food on land so we eat when we get back on board. that then throws the dinner schedule off.

We have dining reservations at 3 specialties for our upcoming cruise. I want to check on them when I arrive on the ship (add a person, make sure the reservations have everyone's room #'s - specialty dining perk selected, etc.). Is that done in the Customer service area in the Atrium? At the restaurants themselves?

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but I did not find it when I did a search (operator error, I'm sure)

Thanks!!

We have dining reservations at 3 specialties for our upcoming cruise. I want to check on them when I arrive on the ship (add a person, make sure the reservations have everyone's room #'s - specialty dining perk selected, etc.). Is that done in the Customer service area in the Atrium? At the restaurants themselves?

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but I did not find it when I did a search (operator error, I'm sure)

Thanks!!

if you have the dining package and drink package, it will be stamped on your room key card. my PCC also always sends me an amenity invoice/confirmation that i board with in the event of an issue (never had one yet).

you can check your reservations now by logging into your MyNCL account online.