Sandford Airport

Cruiser from Ohio

I don't have any first-hand experience with Sanford to Port Canaveral connections, but as recently as just a few years ago, it was not especially convenient to get from Sanford even to Disney World without renting a car, much less all the way to the coast. I am surprised that there is now some shuttle transportation serving that route. A quick search found one running for about $30 each way, running three times a day. In addition to waiting for replies here, you might want to make use of Cruise Critic's sister-site tripadvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g34615-Activities-c59-Sanford_Florida.html

Slightly farther drive to PC compared to flying into MCO; renting a car one-way lets you spend the night where you want (Orlando, PC, etc.) and dine where you want. Drop the car off in PC the morning of your cruise and ride the rental agency's free shuttle to the port.

Post cruise if using another one-way rental I would book a flight leaving after about 1:30-2:00

I don't believe any major airlines fly into Sanford. A friend of mine flew Allegiant Air to Sanford, or I should say tried to fly on Allegiant to Sanford. Her original flight was cancelled. No way could she get another airline to fly to Sanford that day.

She then rebooked for a few days later. She did get to Sanford, albeit 7 hours later than she was supposed to. Her flight outbound was delayed and she called the person picking her up that she was going to be late, but didn't know what time she would arrive. Later that day, she was told when she was leaving and arriving, so she called her friend again to let her know.

Long story short, her friend ended up waiting for 2 hours for her to arrive. Sanford is such a small airport that major airlines don't fly there and Allegiant, as an example doesn't fly there from here or nearby on a daily basis. If that is the airline you are looking at, I'd really re-consider and fly to Orlando. No way would I ever consider flying on that airline, much less the day of the cruise.

I know you didn't mention the airline, but I just wanted to give you a heads up if it is Allegiant.