FYI New Itins are out today

Jancruz

The "new" season for both Riviera and Marina started AFTER their TA voyages in Spring 2016.

The two TA voyages I mentioned in my earlier post are listed in the online summer 2016 36-page brochure. The name of the brochure is "Advance Preview 2016 Summer Collection." The top of the page (page 23) that lists the "Beaches, Blooms & Bluffs" 14-day Miami to Barcelona voyage on Riviera states "BOOKINGS OPEN MARCH 4, 2015 at 8:30 AM EASTERN.

That cruise, as well as the European one following it already has cabins including all the top suites wait-listed and the Marina TA and the European one following it has even more wait-listed cabins.

Edited by gillianrose

The two TA voyages I mentioned in my earlier post are listed in the online summer 2016 36-page brochure. The name of the brochure is "Advance Preview 2016 Summer Collection." The top of the page (page 23) that lists the "Beaches, Blooms & Bluffs" 14-day Miami to Barcelona voyage on Riviera states "BOOKINGS OPEN MARCH 4, 2015 at 8:30 AM EASTERN.

That cruise, as well as the European one following it already has cabins including all the top suites wait-listed and the Marina TA and the European one following it has even more wait-listed cabins.

(underlining mine)

I can understand your confusion - it would seem that both the T/A and the one following it appear on the same page as the subsequent voyages and the top of the page states they can be booked on March 4th. This can create confusion.

The fact is that those two 2 cruises on the Marina (T/A and the one from Lisbon to London) have been part of a prior release and only the one from London (and thereafter) are new.

I know this for a fact as I wanted to book these 2 cruises on the Marina some time ago but did not as there is a gap between the two for dry dock. T/A May 14 - May 28/2016 & the next one is June 7 - June 14, 2016 - note the gap from May 28 to June 7 for dry dock.

So, these 2 cruises that are wait listed in some categories have been bookable for some time.

Please, try to understand this :)

Edited by Paulchili

(underlining mine)

I can understand your confusion - it would seem that both the T/A and the one following it appear on the same page as the subsequent voyages and the top of the page states they can be booked on March 4th.

The fact is that those two 2 cruises on the Marina (T/A and the one from Lisbon to London) have been part of a prior release and only the one from London (and thereafter) are new.

I know this for a fact as I wanted to book these 2 cruises on the Marina some time ago but did not as there is a gap between the two for dry dock. T/A May 14 - May 28/2016 & the next one is June 7 - June 14, 2016 - note the gap from May 28 to June 7 for dry dock.

So, these 2 cruises that are wait listed in some categories have been bookable for some time.

So then it's just Oceania's way of adding "NEW and IMPROVED !!!" to their advertising similar to how one hawks a box of detergent? ;)

Seriously, when a brochure states that a particular sailing cannot be booked until March 4th at 8:30 AM, it tends to make the reader think that criteria must be met.

I agree with posters that have stated the prices per diem seem for the most part to be very high at the lead in for suites for the voyages that interest me.

(underlining mine)

I can understand your confusion - it would seem that both the T/A and the one following it appear on the same page as the subsequent voyages and the top of the page states they can be booked on March 4th. This can create confusion.

Paul you are exactly correct... I am sorry Gillian, I should have looked before and I would have realized the problem..Thanks Paul..

Jancruz1

I think we are talking apples and oranges.

If you re-read post #10, more carefully this time, you will see an "apology" by loum 140. ....

When I looked at post #10 I thought you were referring to the "clue" to the travel agent involved. Your smiley :) seemed to refer to that.

When I checked on the sailing in the new brochure with the top 3 suites and lowest inside wait-listed and I posted to confirm that, it was sitraveler's post #8 about the "new" sailings and the one with the wait lists that led me to do that.

Please try to understand this. ;) :)

Edited by gillianrose

This is not an absolute truth.

A random comparison of Baltic cruises on Marina in August 2015 & 2016 shows this for PH1:

2015 - 12 day cruise $9100

2016 - 11 day cruise $8700

So, it is very comparable in this instance. I guess it depends on itineraries and anticipated demand.

Declining relationship of western nations with Russia,is the likely reason Baltic cruises show little or no increase. In addition to Baltic, if one eliminates transatlantic cruises, which have always been lower priced, the vast majority of itineraries have increased significantly in price.

Edited by edgee