Can I use a passport card at the Yukon border

new_cruiser

Two postings in a row - we leave tomorrow to start a cruise from Vancouver on Tuesday so last minute questions are popping up.

We are taking the bus/train tour to Emerald Lake and Chilkoot. It says that a passport is required. I have a passport card - can that be used instead of the book? I have the passport book too but the card is easier to carry around.

Two postings in a row - we leave tomorrow to start a cruise from Vancouver on Tuesday so last minute questions are popping up.

We are taking the bus/train tour to Emerald Lake and Chilkoot. It says that a passport is required. I have a passport card - can that be used instead of the book? I have the passport book too but the card is easier to carry around.

Yes, it's a WHTI compliant document available to use for land and sea crossings.

How much "easier" is it really??? It's not 50 lb luggage. My passport is always with me, has been for over 10 years.

You might want to call Chikloot in the meantime anyway. Road crossings, at this time can use some passport cards. Verify your details on the official US and Canadian government web sites.

It also is not the "Yukon" boarder you cross the boarder, it's BC.

Same reason I got an Enhanced Drivers License: so I can leave the passport behind when crossing the border (not the boarder). No, the passport isn't heavy, but if I need to send in my passport to get a visa, I can still cruise using a sister document that meets the requirements.

I don't carry a purse and women's slacks tend to have small pockets. My passport can fit but not comfortably.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Also, because of the business travel I do, I get the passport with extra pages. It's bulkier & stiffer than the regular one.

This is the last time I'll do that because I'll retire before I renew.

Edited by new_cruiser