Port Canaveral Question

Hello All,

im currently planning a cruise for my girlfriend and i. We are booked on Anthem of the Seas to the Bahamas, October of 2018, she doesnt know yet till Christmas. One of our stops is Port Canaveral. I was thinking of doing Fishlips for lunch then to the beach for a few hours. How is the beach there? Is the beach free? Has anyone ever done the beach in Port Canaveral?

Hello All,

im currently planning a cruise for my girlfriend and i. We are booked on Anthem of the Seas to the Bahamas, October of 2018, she doesnt know yet till Christmas. One of our stops is Port Canaveral. I was thinking of doing Fishlips for lunch then to the beach for a few hours. How is the beach there? Is the beach free? Has anyone ever done the beach in Port Canaveral?

You may also want to post this on the Florida Departures forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=672

Hello All,

Here is a link for Jetty Park that has a limited Fish Lips cafe, there is a full service restaurant one in the area of the dock.

https://www.portcanaveral.com/APAP

I didn't see a fee for walk ins. The beach is flat and sandy, and very wide when the tide is out which is the only time I've been on it while riding my bike in the morning.

Edited by SnorkelBoy
corrections

The beach is free. You can go to Jetty Park which is ok but Cocoa Beach just up the road is much nicer. There are lots of hotels up and down as well. A really great place on the beach is in Cocoa Beach is Coconuts. Fish lips is fine but it is most fun when ships are leaving port. FYI I live in the Orlando area. Another access point (besides the public beach) is at the Hilton on the beach. The beach bar is open and you can get to the beach from there. There is an indoor restaurant and a bar with food.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

One thing you should find out, which dock you will be at.

We were on the Thanksgiving sailing on the Anthem, and because we were there on a Monday- the Majesty was already there. She was in the new terminal that RCI built a few years ago, which you can walk from to a few places. We had to dock at the Carnival terminal, which you can not walk to anywhere from. Nor can you from the Disney terminal or the old Majesty terminal. (Looking at a google map, this is the West Basin area)

So do a quick check of what day of the week you will be there to make sure no other Royal Caribbean ship is already there. Or be prepared to call a taxi/Uuber/Lyft.

The beach is free. You can go to Jetty Park which is ok but Cocoa Beach just up the road is much nicer. There are lots of hotels up and down as well. A really great place on the beach is in Cocoa Beach is Coconuts. Fish lips is fine but it is most fun when ships are leaving port. FYI I live in the Orlando area. Another access point (besides the public beach) is at the Hilton on the beach. The beach bar is open and you can get to the beach from there. There is an indoor restaurant and a bar with food.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Can you see majesty depart from cocoa beach?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Can you see majesty depart from cocoa beach?

Yes. Not as up front and in your face as if you were in Jetty Park though. If you drive into Jetty Park there is a fee. If one wants to go to the beach, take a short taxi ride to cocoa beach, lots of shopping and dining there as well as a pier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. Not as up front and in your face as if you were in Jetty Park though. If you drive into Jetty Park there is a fee. If one wants to go to the beach, take a short taxi ride to cocoa beach, lots of shopping and dining there as well as a pier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is Jerry park beach free? I'd be using uber or taxi

I recently met a cruiser off the Anthem while in Bealls Outlet and he told me they paid $15 per person (I think each way) through the ship for a shuttle to the Ron Jons area. There is a beach there, some shopping, and the Cocoa Beach pier is within walking distance. There are restaurants in that general area but check yelp or tripadvisor.

If you are set on going to the port for lunch I do not recommend Fishlips. For seafood go to Seafood Atlantic. Some of the freshest seafood in the port. My other go to places are Grills, Milikens and Baja Chowder.