Booked Mayfair Hotel in Manhattan. Any feedback?

OceanBlueWaters

Hello everyone,

I am travelling solo and booked on NCL Escape out of NY on 10/21/18.

I plan on taking NJ Transit (Bus) from Toms River, NJ to Port Authority on 10/20/18. Then head to Hotel to "crash" and perhaps take in Broadway show (Escape to Margaritaville?) Walking distance is key.

The Hotel I secured is in the Theater District for about $227 (taxes included). The date is 10/20/18...which is a Saturday night which also sky rockets the price. It is what is is...another LOL :)

I did research (Trip Advisor, etc), but just wanted to know if anyone has had experience in this Hotel and if there is a comparable Hotel nearby. My needs are minimal. Bed/shower for 1 night and quick taxi/Uber to Port in a.m. :)

Thanks!

Tripadvisor reviews (which the OP has looked at) show almost 15% Poor or Terrible ratings. This is a high and suggest the OP review in detail what people who have stayed there like/dislike which will help evaluate their decision. There are a number of these old hotels in NYC which are marginal at best.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I basically just need a room to sleep/shower. I anticipate spending less than 8 hours there. Since the pricing for rooms are quite high in NYC, I secured this room (at an okay price) and will keep searching to see if something better turns up (I can cancel up until 10/18/18). If not, at least I have a bed for the night. (y)

Thanks again! :)

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I basically just need a room to sleep/shower. I anticipate spending less than 8 hours there. Since the pricing for rooms are quite high in NYC, I secured this room (at an okay price) and will keep searching to see if something better turns up (I can cancel up until 10/18/18). If not, at least I have a bed for the night. (y)

Thanks again! :)

If you have the right set of expectations you’ll be fine ;-)